Homemade End-Vise / Folding workbench Pics

I have posted more pictures of a finished folding workbench with a homemade end vise at ABPW. This is in response to posts here regarding homemade vises a couple of weeks ago.

(Poor Boys Bench / End Vise - Nearly finished)

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Sorry, Where are the pictures available?

Reply to
Faustino Dina

ABPW = alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Reply to
Stephen M

I think they are available - posted them mid morning (CST) but have not shown up yet.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Cool. How'd you make that end vise? With pipe clamps?

You should submit to the Tips section of Fine Woodworking!

[snip]
Reply to
Never Enough Money

Yes. The first post at ABPW provides some details regarding the clamps which are Irwins. They are a little beefier than some but are prone to loosing the roll pin that holds the crank screw to the crank jaw.

I just posted a couple more pics of the lower side with the bench in the folded position. Apparently the first ones didn't find their way though the internet (or my provider).

Reply to
RonB

you can fix that by replacing the roll pins with machine screws and locknuts

Reply to
bridger