Home Workshops and Alarm Systems

Page 3 of 3
now that is the way it should work. "imminent danger" seems to be the key word and if somebody kicks in your door I would hope that would be "imminent danger" enough.
let's hope it doesn't happen to any of us,
BRuce
Charlie Self wrote:

--
---

BRuce

You realize of course, that I've been asking these alarm questions because I'm scoping out areas for my next nocturnal visit. Now which of you guys has an outdoor shop with no steps and a door that's at least 27" wide? :)
(Upscale) queries:

Upscale asks:

One door 48" wide, one 95".
Motion activated outdoor lights. Small dog that doesn't yap, but does bark at intruders. Old Mossberg in bedroom with window that has straight-on view of both doors. And age has me sleeping lightly.
Charlie Self "To create man was a quaint and original idea, but to add the sheep was tautology." Mark Twain's Notebook
one 36" and one 60" and a marlin 22 that I use to shoot squirrels at 20 yards, head shots only... the shop doors are MUCH closer than that and I would image your head being larger than the local squirrel. :-)
Don't mess with my Unisaw!
BRuce
Upscale wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote in (Upscale) says:

of
the
those
Actually I keep at least one mag loaded with every other bullet a hollow point and the others a FMJ-RN. If the bad guy is wearing a heavy jacket the hollow point might not penatrate well. So the next round would!
Nasty, but prepared!
Oh and I have ten high cap, 15 rounds, magazines.

I use a German Shepherd who has 24/7 access to the shop. So far so good ...
http://home.att.net/~slurban3/Photos/Shopdog-480.jpg
;>)
Gorgeous dog and he looks exactly like the German shepherd I had 30 years ago which was my last dog.

from
Wow, you guys are extreme. You would kill someone over a few hundred bucks worth of tools? Don't get me wrong, I believe in defending myself and my family(and have the means to do so), but everything else is replaceable, unlike innocent bystanders and neighbors that would be in danger while you are blasting away. I guess I've lived too long out in the sticks, where the only criminals we have are the mailbox terrorists (about once a year, usually around graduation time). Maybe you guys should think about moving if it's that bad.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

It's not the cost of the tools. It's the isolence of daring to try it in the first place. Think of it as an intelligence test combined with plinking. Bystanders are safe. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

--
---

BRuce

Well, statements like you've made in this thread are just fodder for the anti-gun activists. Gun control means knowing how to use your firearm and WHEN to use it.
[posted and mailed]
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in 3113.bay.webtv.net:

for
Bzzzzz. Wrong! Gun Control is getting the second round on target!
First of all. The most common kind of crime around here where someone breaks into your house is the violent home invasion. In the last couple of years there have been lots of cases around here.
In my case, and no doubt most others peoples, if someone breaks into my shop and I am not in there I will call 911 and then fall into a defensive position to defend my family. The BG (bad guy) leaves the shop and enters the house then all bets are off. If I am in the shop and a bad guy comes in to steal from me and my presense doesn't scare him off then I assume my and my families life is in danger because the BG was willing to perpetrate the crime with witnesses present. BG is toast.
Deadly force is a last resort. But you have to be willing to use it before you yourself end up dead.
Just this last Friday, not more than a 3 blocks from my house, a really nice 45 year old woman came home to find a 15 year old kid ransacking her house. He shot her in the head and stole her van. He was caught 4 blocks away when he left the van in front of a local bar club. Her husband came home to find his wife dead in the kitchen.
This kid should be terminated immediately, on the side of the road where he was picked up, and his body dumped at the city landfill in a plastic bag. No need to waste tax payer dollars keeping him alive for the rest of his life and feeding him. He does not deserve to draw another breath.
Joe Willmann wrote:

Why would you want to waste the plastic bag?

"Mapdude" < snipped-for-privacy@iwon.com> wrote in message
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

You're talking about a matter of religion. Nobody will be convinced of anything unless something happens to them personally. The anti-gun crowd doesn't need fodder and isn't interested in facts. I'm assuming from the way you worded this that you aren't among them. people who believe that removing guns will "fix" the crime problem aren't rational. Worrying about giving them ammo is a waste of time, they'll make their own. Stop by sometime, I'll show you the NRA museum and range. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
Upscale wrote:

I've got a pitbull, an alarm system with a solar powered backup, sounds a tone when the door opens, and the first two rounds in the 9 are ball followed by the silvertipped hollowpoints for good measure. 15 in the clip and a spare clip in the holster. Plus, I am a pretty large fellow who will loan tools occaisionally, but absolutely hate a thief....
35 cents is way too cheap for the taxpayers. I won't miss. <grin>