home theatre

Thinking of building a home theatre and need a web page source or the like to find out the design criteria and basics..Suggestions appreciated .......mjh
--
http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2

Hi Mike,
Audio Concepts
http://www.audio-concepts.com/audioconceptsweb_001.htm
I have bought some of my equipment from these people and they do installs. They have an room called Area 51. Countless speakers and subwoofers that are hidden behind cloth panels. They now have seating that is driven by hydraulics so that your seat moves with the action. Watching Star Wars Episode I is awesome during the racing scene. They told me the Area 51 room would set me back about $600,000.00. Jumpy seating included. LOL
This site should just about wear you out with information about such things. http://avsforum.com /
Some of them in the home theater builders area are pretty good woodworkers too. (Added for topical content.)
Happy Thanksgiving Jeff

Also try out RemoteCentral.com.

Thinking of building a home theatre and need a web page source or the like to find out the design criteria and basics..Suggestions appreciated .......mjh
--
http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2

calmly ranted:

Break open your savings accounts and all your piggy banks, Mike. It costs an amazing amount to do it even close to right. You'll swear you just walked onto the set of TOH, with their simple half million dollar bathroom redos.
Start with the library or a book store. "Home Theater for Dummies" (New, 2003) will get you started for ten bucks.
http://www.htexplained.com/ has part of their book online
Beware of unenclosed in-wall or in-ceiling speakers. Your neighbors and people on the street can hear every word and sound from them as if all your windows were open. It's not only a bother, it can be quite indiscreet. Ya follow?(tmDF)
Also beware of older books, which can be like buying a 1988 book on biscuit joiners today. What's shown in there is waaaay out of date by now. Home theater ages like the Internet: "years pass in a matter of weeks."
Try www.hometoys.com , www.hometheaterforum.com , and www.hometheatermagazine.com , too.
A few of the guys on the comp.home.automation newsgroup sell and install home theater equipment, too, so you might ask there as well. Let us know what you come up with, will ya?
-- SAVE THE PARROTS! Eschew the use of poly! ---------- http://diversify.com Poly-free Website Development