Home Despot's 25%-off hand tool sale is on

Page 1 of 2

...although it doesn't include hand tools for electrical work. (Mama not gonna get 'dem insulated Kleins she's been beggin' fer...)

The idiots at the local HD had the 25% off posters attached to as many power tools as hand tools.
wood snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If you have a Discover card, you can set it up for the "home improvement" program. In this program, you get 5% cash back on all "qualifying" home improvement purchases. Which, according to Discover includes all purchases at HD and Lowes. You get 1% back on non home improvement purchase.
I just saw the ad in the paper. Time to add to my Klein and Ridgid (the plumbing tools, not the other crap) collection.

Didn't a previous poster just say that Klein isn't included? At least not Klein electrical?
Brian Elfert
Brian Elfert wrote:

The last time I went to HD looking for hand tools on sale they had moved all the Ridgid tools from the tool crib to the plumbing section. That sale only appleid to tool crib sales.
--

FF

Selective reading on my part. Thanks for pointing it out. HD's web page says: "Offer is not valid for: power tools; hand tools from drywall, paint, flooring, plumbing, lawn & garden or electrical departments". I didn't even bother going to the store.
writes:

That leaves two screwdrivers and a hammer.

Me either... thought about it on my way out to resupply Danish oil, etc... thought about the limits on the tools included (Interesting typo in the header: Despot's) and the long lines... Went to Lowes instead for larger store, shorter lines and basically the same prices...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

We only have one Lowe's store around here and at least 10 Home Depot stores with another 10 or more Menards stores.
Lowes is a joke. The prices are higher on most everything. A 2x4 8' generally sells for about $3.69 while they are $2.59 or so at Home Depot/Menards. I doubt their 2x4s are that much better.
Home Depot is really going up on prices. They used to beat Menards all the time, but now Menards is better most of the time.
Brian Elfert
In my area, Menards is king, then Lowes. HD is far below them.
writes:

mac davis wrote:

That wasn't a typo...been callin' em that for years!
"HD's web page says: "Offer is not valid for: power tools; hand tools from drywall, paint, flooring, plumbing, lawn & garden or electrical departments". "
A sale that is not a sale..imagine that. LOL
Just sit tight...the closer we get to Christmas, the better the prices.
If Christmas sales are down (remember that the last few years have been the worst shopping seasons in decades), the prices will be even better after Christmas.
FYI...I have tended to buy my tools in January and February...with 80-90% markdowns common.
TMT
On 8 Dec 2005 13:48:33 -0800, wood snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

CLAMPS!
Matt
I stopped by the local borg myself. Usually I can find something I want, but even with the "big" discount, I didn't buy a thing. At our store, the only clamps they have is the light duty Jorgensen ones, and I have enough of those (if that is possible). It really doesn't say much for a place that sells tools and they discount them by 25% and I still can't find a reason to pull the trigger.
--
toolmiser

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:04:49 +0000, toolmiser

I guess I lucked out - mine has the Cabinet Master big guys that are always in stock. Although I wanted some of the lighter duty ones and there was only one. And you can never buy just one clamp.

Yeah, I hear that; other than the clamps the rest of the hand tool area is useless.
Matt

... snip

Kind of showing how the folks in this group are different -- my son and I were walking into HD a couple of weeks ago for some small thing and met someone I know from work coming out. We greeted each other and he made the comment, "going into the place with the big boys' toys, eh!" as if HD was just the greatest place for things. I just kind of smiled at him and made some comment like, "something like that". HD just doesn't get me excited in the least.
Lee Valley (unfortunately, only on-line -- no LV in Arizona yet), Grizzly, Woodworkers' Supply (I've stopped by the Albuquerque store in the past) -- now *those* are the places with big boys' toys!

<snip>
Speaking of excited... went to lowes yesterday and noticed a new fixture outside... woody's hot dog's, sponsored by Lowes...
Now, folks can go home and tell their swmbo that they went to lowes and got a woody... *groan*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

Jo4hn walks up to mac and gently fondles his lapel, brings his lips close thereto, and softly says booooo. That is an official boo on your lapel.     grunt,     jo4hn
I ran thru there to pick up some bat insulation for a job and did not have much of a chance to look but I did see the red tags on about a dozen different laser level packages from different manufacturers. They were all set up along the aisle next to the checkouts. Looks like they are being pushed as the gift of the year for those looking for a gift for dad or grandpa or uncle john. Looks like you can all look forward to having plenty of laser power by new years. I wonder if you focus enough of them on a single spot you could do some of that fancy laser engraving. Good excuse to go out and get a cnc table to see if it would work:>)
Ken