Home Depot - what a bunch of maroons

Page 6 of 6
Just Wondering wrote:

It is not all that uncommon for companies of garbage products like rigid & ryobi to use oddball sizes that necessitate using their sanding attachments. Much different than Campbells that packages its products to work with standard opening devices.
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:12:04 -0800, A.M. Wood wrote:

While it may "not be all that uncommon", in this case your view is considerably in error. Sleeve length on the Ridgid is 4-1/2", sleeve diameter is 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1-1/2, and 2 inches. The Ryobi sleeve package contains 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1-1/2, 2, and 3 inch 80 grit 4-1/2" long sleeves. The only way in which it "doesn't fit" the Ridgid is that it has an extra sleeve larger than the largest platen provided with the Ridgid. Further, those sizes are more or less standard, Jet, Delta, and many other companies sell sanders that take those same sleeve sizes.
Since you clearly have nothing to offer except a dig at a couple of products that you clearly have never used and likely never even _seen_, I am curious as to why you posted a response at all.
By the way, if that sander is any example, then Ridgid products are hardly "garbage".
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
J. Clarke wrote:

Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. I've owned products from both of the manufacturers and have encountered the specific problem I cited. I also own (note the tense has changed from past to present) products from other manufacturers. They are not garbage and accept common sized fittings and tools.
Don't shoot the messenger pal. The stuff comming out of chaiwan ain't that great AND it's killing american jobs to boot. That's a lose lose in my book. Not sure why all you folks spend so much time cheering on what is inevitably your own economic demise. That's foolish in my book
A.M. Wood
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:02:54 -0800, A.M. Wood wrote:

So you won't back off on your contention that the Ridgid spindle sander in my basement won't take the Ryobi sleeves that I was just using on it in my basement?
Are you calling me a liar or are just illiterate?
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
J. Clarke wrote:

First, proofreading is critical when your gonna be calling someone stupid.
Second, as far as literacy goes, I can't seem to find any message where I'm calling you anything, let alone "liar." If I had wished to call you a name I would have done so explicitly. So stop reading what is neither stated nor implied. You're wrong and that, well, makes you look foolish.
Lastly, no need to start the ad-hominem attacks just because you don't agree with my assertions. That's for kiddies and this forum is really intended for adults.
A.M. Wood
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 05:12:19 -0800, A.M. Wood wrote:

<plonk>
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
wrote in message

Yeah, 3X24 isn't very standard for a sander and a drill with a 1/2 inch chuck probably won't take a shank much larger, but probably will take a shank of a lesser diameter (cheap damn tool cant decide what it takes). Rigid tools (IMHO) are not garbage. Ryobi tools are probably the best tools a home owner/hobbiest can buy.
Henry St.Pierre wrote:

Me said this

You said this

First go back and address what I said, not what you wished I had said.
Second, print a copy of your last post and put it in a frame in you shop and go out and buy all the Rigid and Ryobi tools you want. Then when they break and you find out you can't get them repaired because "that part is no longer available" and the brush/bearing is some whacked out custom size, look back at what you wrote and remember just how damn good those tools really are before you get out the sledge hammer to make em fit in the trash.
A.M. Wood

Never thought of that:).
Henry St.Pierre wrote:

I know! I sure have a hard time finding GM gasoline.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:

And Panasonic DVDs for my Panasonic DVD player. I wonder, does Henry buy only TS blades made by his TS manufacturer?

Absolutely.