Home Depot - what a bunch of maroons

Reply to
Flyin'8

Fine, I give up. If you want to ignore the truth... suit yourself.

Reply to
Flyin'8

Reply to
Mike 'Flyin'8'

All you've posted here is what you *claim* to be the truth. I've challenged you repeatedly to substantiate those claims, which you have so far shown yourself unwilling (or unable) to do -- so I'll be ignoring your unsubstantiated claims. *You* are the one ignoring the truth; to wit, that you haven't actually posted any facts yet.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Correction: you bring to the table these unsubstantiated claims. Not facts.

Reply to
Doug Miller

The best I can recall it was at S Memorial Drive and 151st...

Mike Alexander PP-ASEL Temecula, CA See my online aerial photo album at

Mike 'Flyin'8'

Definition of Fact is: a truth known by actual experience or observation

I know it to be true by observation and experience.

Mike Alexander PP-ASEL Temecula, CA See my online aerial photo album at

Mike 'Flyin'8'

You're kind of slow aren't you? The problem isn't with success, it's when that success becomes so all-encompassing that it effectively obliterates any chance of other little start-ups from becoming successful. Or, when that success makes it more difficult than it should be for little start-ups from having any real chance of success.

It's the multitude of little start-ups that determines the success of any industry, not the one or two gargantuan businesses that blanket the entire industry.

Reply to
Upscale

I see you're still having trouble understanding the difference between a "fact" and a "claim". Perhaps I can help.

Fact: "something that has been objectively verified." Claim: "an assertion of truth." [American Heritage Dictionary]

See the difference now?

In other words -- you *still* are unable to substantiate your claims. You are not entitled to have them regarded by others as facts until you do.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Thanks Mike. I guessed that it might have been the Memorial Drive store. That store appears to have just recently undergone a re-birth, having been on Memorial Drive since 1990. That would make your assertion at least somewhat true in that it appears the Memorial Drive store was relocated from a near by location in 1990. That's a lot different from the original assertion that Wal Mart came in, businesses left (still unproven as even being associated with Wal Mart entering), and then Wal Mart left. It appears they did not leave at all but simply relocated near by in 1990. That would be growth, not leaving.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

What is "true", from observation and experience, and besides overriding my filters, is that you're arguing with someone who is basically here to do nothing but, so just block him and be done with it ... guaranteed that you'll have less argumentative crap to wade through.

Reply to
Swingman

Reply to
Flyin'8

I argue with people who post nonsense. If that upsets you, don't post nonsense.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Is that a fact or a claim?

Reply to
lwasserm

Take your pick. :-)

Reply to
Doug Miller

Funny, there are all kinds of other successful businesses out there, Walmart certainly hasn't harmed them in the least. Heck, locally there are small businesses in the SAME SHOPPING CENTER AS WALMART that are doing just fine and carry many of the same products that Walmart carries.

See, here's a news flash for you. When you start a business, there is no guarantee that you're going to succeed. In fact, statistically, the majority of small businesses fail within the first two years and that has nothing to do with Walmart, it has to do with the nature of small business and economics.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

So much for having me plonked, huh?

Reply to
Brian Henderson

It's because you've got the people on one side with facts and logic, facing off against the anti-Walmart whiners on the other who can't think, only react emotionally.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

Shhhhh, don't confuse them with the facts.

Reply to
Brian Henderson