Home Depot Story

I was told today that I was the first person to ever call the Home Depot and tell them my story.....
Bought an MTD snow blower this morning. Took that little baby home, mixed up some fresh gas and oil mix, filled the tank and fired it right up - first pull.
How's that for reliability?
Trouble is that it would not shut off!
This unit has an on - off key that basically shorts and cuts the engine. Wires were hookup up to the switch ok because I took off the wire harness plug and shorted the contact and it still was humming right along. I am guessing that some joker on the assembly line never hooked up the wire inside of the unit to ground. Had to choke the thing and starve it to get it to finally shut down.
Called the store and the sales guy could not understand. Thought I was playing a joke on him. Told me that plenty of people call and complain that the stuff is hard to start but NEVER got a call to say it would not shut off.
Made them come deliver me a new one. That one did work.
Thought I would share that one with everyone.
-John
That is great.
Reminds me of the instructions I received when buying a Husquavarna blower. I was told by the dealer, "At the end of the season RUN IT OUT OF GAS and THEN RUN IT A LITTLE LONGER to insure it will start easy the next year".
I was so taken aback that I didn't even respond.
Marv

Well, I have not seen a 2 stroke that when run until it stalls from lack of fuel will not start again for a few seconds. I think that is what he was taking about. Getting the remaining vapors out is also important.
When I run an engine out of gas for storage, I begin choking the carb when the engine begins sputtering. Gradually close the choke until it finally dies and is fully choked.
<<Reminds me of the instructions I received when buying a Husquavarna blower. I was told by the dealer, "At the end of the season RUN IT OUT OF GAS and THEN RUN IT A LITTLE LONGER to insure it will start easy the next year".>>
I had no idea Yogi Berra sold snowblowers.
Lee

_________________________________
I was at Home Depot buying some 4'x8' plywood and needed it cut to take home. I was at the cutting station and - as I continually pushed the assistance button - the speaker system in the store kept announcing "Help needed at the wood cutting station! Help needed at the wood cutting station!"
I stood there over 20 minutes waiting (there was a line by now and I didn't want to lose my place).
FINALLY .. I took out my cell phone and called up the front desk. They answered, I told them I was back at the cutting station with three other people waiting, and that no one was servicing us.
THEN they sent someone down. I guess it pays to carry your cell phone in Home Depot!
Jack
John Miriello wrote:

I found out how home depot works. They staff according to income. I applied for job there once and I noticed a notice on the bulliten board concerning overtime. There was about 20 hours of overtime logged and the manager was pissed. This was also over there grand opening week I might add. I live in a city by Sacramento and we got one here. The service there is terrible, if you don't go in there knowing where something is, then its no use going into the store. Never anyone around to help.I have been traveling to another one in a place in Yuba City for some time, service there is much better and you never have to wait for help.

A few years ago, I went into HD in Roanoke, a few months after it opened. A couple guys came in looking for brick mold while I was at customer service for one reason or another. The lady there sent them to the plumbing department.
On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 09:35:18 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,

"Yeah, right there, next to the brick toilets, sir." I can see her reasoning, though. You need moisture to get mold, and plumbing is where the water is, so... <thud>
"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
<<A few years ago, I went into HD in Roanoke, a few months after it opened. A couple guys came in looking for brick mold while I was at customer service for one reason or another. The lady there sent them to the plumbing department. >>
What a fool! Everybody knows you get brick mold in the Masonry Supplies Department. <g>
Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon wrote:

If you get chlorine in the cleaning supplies dept you can kill it...
I live in a city by Sacramento and we got one here. The

They built one in Rio Linda?
Long way to YC from there.
No in Oroville

Call Sears they will buy it there crap never starts

A two-stroke snowblower? I figured they needed that four-stroke "grunt", eh?
Granted, I'm in Texas and know nothing about snowblowers, but I'm planning to move to northern New Hampshire in the next couple of years, so I might as well start learning....
Kevin

Two-stroke blowers are _not_ the norm. Only two-strokes I've seen are little toys for urban porches. Single-stage types that are only slightly ahead of a broom.
I'd recommend buying a machine by the pound for real work. There's usually more engine than required for the cut width, but a lot of them are nothing more than tin, and will self-destruct.