Home Depot's 20% off Tool Sale?

Any word yet of Home Depot's yearly 20% off Tool Sale? I am ready to get one of the new Makita LXT tool combo sets + free cordless recip saw. I got a chance to put one of the LXT drills in my hands and was very impressed of it's balance and weight, felt like I was holding my old Porter Cable 12 volt drill and the portable circular saw was light and well balanced too.
Seeker:
Seeker wrote:

Hmm, I do know of ONE HD 20% tool sale and that was at least 3 years ago! In fact, I JUST unpacked the Rigid planner that I bought at that time.
I think they have selected tools on sale at different times, but I don't believe there ever was a repeat of that all tools 20% off.
MJ Wallace
In my area, HD and Lowes had 20% off sales (about 2 weeks before Christmas, and only on portable power tools) the past two years. The year before that, they had 10% off sale at around the same time. Menards usually had 2-3 different promotions during this time frame, between 10 and 20% off.
HD had a 40% off sale a few years ago when I picked up their Ridgid planer. I got it for just over $200 including sales tax.
I have a feeling this will be a poor shopping season and the retailers will have massive sales in February and March.

The 40% off was on clearance items only. The Ridgid planer happened to on clearance for a new model at the time.
I got a killer deal on a pressure washer at the 40% off clearance. I paid $300 for a $600 or $700 machine. It had been used and returned, but it worked just fine. It ended up costing me about $400 total because the hose, wand, and nozzles were gone. I could have had a lesser pressure washer new for $400 but this one will last forever.
Brian Elfert
Original price of $600.00. You got 40% off and paid $300.00. New math?

The 40% was off the lowest marked price which was less than normal retail.
Brian Elfert
I'm sure they'll have it again this year--about 2 weeks before Xmas. I want the Milwaukee heat gun they recently started carrying.
Also keep your eye on Amazon/Toolcrib. Last year, they offered 20% off ALL portable power tools for the first day or two (the same time HD and Lowes started their promotions), but then changed to 20% off only the portable power tools that HD and Lowes sell.

In view of their stolen pencil screwup and the attention it got them, maybe it should be a 40% sale this year.
(separate post, Home Depot Apologizes.............)
RonB