Home Depot gift card/hand tool promo

Page 1 of 2
Someone mentioned it earlier, but I thought I would bring it up again incase any one missed it. HD has a promo on right now, purchase, $25-$49 get a $10 gift card $50-$99 -- $20 card $100-$199 -- $60 card $200+ -- $80 card Multiple submissions are accepted, no lawn and garden, paint, drywall, plumbing and flooring. Good on purchases from 10/9/03 - 10/29/03
I stocked up on some Bessey clamps, hit the $200 mark pretty easy! The best part is when the card comes back I can buy more tools with it! If you watch what you buy it is like a 30% off sale! I may be going back! Greg
Do they give you the gift card on the spot or do you have to mail in a form?

Greg

You mail it in, the forms are in the tool corral with most of the qualifying tools.
_Read_ the small print! <G>
Barry
Wonder what the turnaround time is on the forms? If you have to use it by 10/29, could be tight....
message

the date that they will accept submissions, the card says 11/5/03, they extended it to 11/15/03. Greg
Greg,
That promo is on HAND TOOLS. I should know I put the signs up in our store the other day. Mail-in Promo - forces you to send in a copy of the register receipt. This prevents theft and abusers.
Andy

Does that mean the Bessey clamps don't qualify?

qualify<g>. The form does not explicitly mention clamps. But it doessay "specialty tools" which would reasonably include clamps, and it does exclude other hand tools, such as garden, paint, and drywall. And in the store I visited, one of the promotional signs was taped to the front of the clamp display.
My opinion (worth what you paid for it) is that they are covered.
--
Alex
The offer applies to tools in Home Depot Department 25. That is why "garden" tools - Dept. 28, "paint" Dept. 24 and "drywall" Dept 22 are excluded.

Thanks. Now a practical question: How do you send in the UPC when it is painted on the handle of the clamp? <g> Presumably just a note to that effect with the submission?

--
Alex
Alex,

I asked the same question to the tool manager, which of course means he probably is wrong! But he said the promo was good for the Besseys too. If I find otherwise, they are getting them back! Greg
I was just in our local HD (Spokane) - no signs and the clerk I asked never heard of it. Must not be compulsory for every store.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:13:41 -0400, "Ryan Willobee"

Greetings All,
I've never posted to this NG before, but I have been lurking for a month or two. Now seems as good a time as any to delurk.
After receiving responses like "I dunno" and "Maybe" from the friendly folks at an HD here in Tampa, I called corporate and asked if clamps were a qualifying hand tool. Once I got routed to the right department, the rep I talked to (I think his name was Locutus) said clamps were indeed a qualifying hand tool. I also sent an email asking the same question. I think I'll wait for a "written" response before I run out and spend a bunch o' money ($200 at a time of course).

What are Besseys, power tools?? The manager in our store said Besseys are good to go. Also they want the original receipt, not a copy.
I wish I had a scanner! Greg

This last sentence makes me think that what looks too good to be true is probably not true. Is the rebate for $100-199 really $60 (up to 60% off) or was this a typo (maybe $30)? Anyone know if this is nationwide? Didn't see it on their web page.
--
Alex

above needs to be modified by substituting the following two lines for the obvious line above" $100-149 $40 card $150-199 $60 card.
So if you can hit the bottom of any bracket, you get 40% off.

checked.
--
Alex
You realize that it's not really a rebate but an incentive to buy more stuff. Still well worth it, but not the same as a rebate.
wrote:

(no stain for email)
Hmmm. Seems like the better deal is to separate the $200 purchase into two $100 purchases and get two $60 cards.
Art