home depot

Page 3 of 3

On Sat, 14 May 2005 07:48:55 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

... snip

I know that in my "poster child" HD story, the "little" factoid that a supposedly "expert" HD employee didn't know was the fact that one could have more than 100 amps worth of circuit breakers in a 100 amp electrical panel and, in fact, insisted that one could not have more than 100 amps worth of breakers in such a panel. Seems like kind of a major issue when he was trying to influence the design and purchase decisions as a supposed "expert" on the floor. In fact, he attempted to emphasize this fact by telling us that he was an electrician before coming to work at the Borg (he was a fairly young fellow, so he definitely wasn't a retired electrician).
... snip
<snip>

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then you baffle them with BS?
--
Nahmie
<snip>

That syndrome certainly isn't unique to the BORG.
We had a different saying, back in the day:
Ignorance to Arrgoance, in 90 days.
Patriarch

A ninety day Blunder?

(he
If they paid him an extra two bucks an hour, he'd be much more knowledgeable.
Amazing how they're all slugs, slackers and stupid - and underpaid....

(he
I know what you're saying Mark but that would fall into the category of anecdotal. Not all of the advice in the BORGs is advanced level advice and occasionally you can find downright wrong advice as in this case. Not trying to suggest it does not exist, just that it is anecdotal and things like this are too often use to characterize the folks there. Heck - I've gotten plane and simple wrong advice at far better stores than HD before - it happens. Frankly, I don't look to the folks at the BORG for much more advice than where a particular product is in the store. It's all I really expect from them for the most part, so I'm seldom disappointed.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

directed
here
Sure, I understand that. I was just musing on what I see because since I'm in my 50's, I can envision myself working at a Borg like store at sometime in the future. It might be for the money or maybe just to be active in some way within an area that interests me and which I believe I have a certain level of knowledge. Just hoping that I'll like it.

My plan is to never retire 100%. (Unless I hit the Powerball tonight for $111 million). I'll be 60 later this year and I've already thought of a couple of things I'd like to do. They all require getting out of the house, socializing with others, responsibility but not high stress. Make a few bucks to buy wood or take some vacations. My boss (the company owner, 1 year older than me) figures we'll both still be coming into the shop or a semi-regular basis. I figure if you sit home and watch Jerry Springer you die too soon.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Or wish you would/could<g>
Forget "qualifications" for a job, people hire people they like.

Not just the test, since we're doing reparations with hiring preferences.
However, well said. Seems back in the Hillarycare days someone mentioned that a government-run healthcare would feature the speed of the post office and the compassion of the DMV.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Don Haynes) wrote:

Uh-oh... sounds like somebody is miffed because somebody poo-poo-ed his employer. You should have finished grade 5 and got a job at Lowe's instead.... . . . . . . . wait the customary 3 minutes before the ass-wipe realizes he's been insulted....
Don Haynes wrote:

I have a life, thank you very much, but I am pissed at HD, not for the things normally mentioned in this forum, but for what is OT here:
http://www.saveourstate.org/forums/index.php?showtopicS5
Glen