Home Depot 10% coupon for movers

Moving?? Get a 10% off everything coupon from Home Depot.
http://www.homedepotmoving.com/10offer /
Shawn
Total BS - a big scam.
ds

Why do you say that, I just used one last week. 10% is 10%.
Lowes has the same offer; though I don't know how you sign up for it. I got mine after sending in some change of address forms.

When a co-worker of mine got a new dog a couple of years ago he filled the form out with the dogs name. The dog received a coupon which HD accepted. So who scammed who?
Art

Lowes and HD both honor each others coupons. I was buying 30 sheets of beadboard at Lowes last week. They only had 10 so I took the Lowes coupon to HD and they had plenty in stock and I used the Lowes coupon.

My inital reaction would to be agree, It *looks* like an attempt to piggy-back on a 'well-known' business and domain name.
*HOWEVER* a little digging shows that _both_ "homedepot.com", and "homedepotmoving.com" are registered to the same entity, at the same address, through the same registrar, and with the _same_ contact info.
It looks like this *really*is* Home Depot -- so there's no reason to believe is anything other than what it says it is.
okie dokie I will bite the hook and give it a try. I just seems to be one of those too good to be true deals.
ds

It worked for me a few months ago.

When I moved a few years ago I got a 10% coupon from both Home Depot and Loews. The "scam" is that when you move to a new neighborhood they get you into their store immediately. As with any business the tough part is getting you into the store the first time. Well, maybe it's keeping you coming back, but first they've got to get you there the first time. This is a good way for them to have you find the local HD.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Shawn" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 19:38:32 GMT, "Larry C in Auburn, WA"

This is good marketing strategy. I too, got a 10% coupon when I bought my first house and bought a lawn mower, chipper/shreadder, insulation, mailbox, and several gardening tools. I think I spent over $1500 that day.