Home bar

Does anyone have links to pictures to home bars and can anyone tell me the height of a bar and the inside counter height of the bar ( the work area ) Thanks in advance. If your interested in some of my projects go to www.howardboehm.com any feedback appreciated.

Normally we build the raised portion at 42" finished height and the works area the same as kitchen cabinets at 36".
Mike O.

Correct.
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:48:32 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

We've been doing some reception desks lately and the raised portion all seem to be drawn at 48". I guess it must be more difficult for the bad guy to get over that last 6".
Mike O.

I have built some reception and bank-teller counters at 48" for many years. If a bar was 48", and a nice frosty glass of Grolsch draft was standing on top of it, I'd find a way to get it down.
I have no idea of how tall my bar top is off the floor. I realized I want it to my comfort (as it's my bar) so I put my elbow at a level I liked..... and my bar is that high. I'm 6'4" so some smaller people squawk!

Thanks thats a big help.

Howard the Media Niche looks great. How did you finish it? It looks like it was made of poplar and I have never had much luck staining poplar. For some reason I couldn't bring up the bar.
Ted

The bar isn't done yet but the progress should go up in about a week. It is poplar. I use an acetone based spray stain. works wonderfully on poplar. All the projects you see on the website are poplar.
Thanks