Holy crap! My home made drum sander actually works!

Page 2 of 2
Very nice project. The picture showing the piano hinge has an "Oops!" label - what's the problem? Or are you planning to publish in AW?
Larry Kraus wrote:

"Oops!"
Look where the arrow is pointing. there's a big gap in the vertical support.
Great machine!!! I'm in the process of building one for my shop as wel
and hope that you could give me some advice.
What type of bearings did you use (bronze or ball bearing)? Do yo think that 3/4 inch rod would be sufficient for a 30" wide drum? Wha did you do to ensure that the drum is securely fastened to the rod? And finally, what type of glue did you use to assemble the drum?
In advance, thanks for your help!
Scot
-- makesawdust