Hollowing out telegraph poles

Page 2 of 2

2 feet of topsoil will not support the poles, hollow or not.
I'm thinking that you're going to have to support those poles with something other than the 2' of soil... Since you're going to have to tie them together somehow any way, why not do some sort of pergala arrangement. Case the pipes with the wood of your choice, tie them together to make a nice pergala...Solves the problem of supporting them, covers the pipes, and .......The big bonus is the plants that grow on the pergala will disguise the heat signature from infra-red searches... ;-)

Anyone else suspect this has a Rapala tied to the last sentence?
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

damn sure isn't a lucky 13... they were made outta wood.. Mac
Ok Ok.
It seems I made a mistake calling this thing a bunker. The better term then would be an extend cellar made of reinforced concrete a foot thick. :o)
He has a bungalow and a garden which is enclosed on both sides by neighbours and the only place to put his workshop is underground.
He makes a pretty pound as a designer, architect and property lawyer. His hobbies are numerous but mainly he needs space to draw plans and build models. He's not too bright on the implementation of his ideas, like hollowing out telegraph poles.
Thanks to your kind words he's dropped the idea and is lowering the domes into a 3' high raised flower bed. The domes will be part of the retaining wall which means this is no longer my concern.
For that I thank you.
TR
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:46:22 GMT, Fly-by-Night CC

As a matter of fact, I was thinking just that earlier this morning. Had to look up Rapala, though.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
TrailRat wrote:

Trained termites.
TrailRat wrote:
>So my quandry is how do I hollow out 10 x 10' telegraph pole without >splitting them down the middle.
With great difficulty and at great expense.
As Flip Wilson would have said, "Devil made me do it".
Lew