Hole spacing

Just to let you know Larry, I did read a few pages of this book at Amazon.com. The author seemed to make effective and interesting use of imagery, clearly distinguishing the book from those in the "pulp fiction" category.

Surely it must be better than the "Drawing with the right side of the brain". I admit I only got about 100 pages into that one before I found a replacement ("Lifelike Drawing with Lee Hammond"). It has its own methodology too. It is very "gride based" with a lot of emphasis on how to produce realistic shading (but I didn't realize that when I bought it). I guess you take a little from here, and a little from there, and you do what you do. Yes, you can quote me on that... :)

Reply to
Bill

They just get better and better as the pages progress, too.

...or the Trash Romance category.

Uh, right. Roger, wilco, and out.

-- The problem with borrowing money from China is that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again. --Steve Bridges as Obama

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well, Lust Lizard sounds pretty, errr, romantic... I'm not sure I'm ready to find out yet what it is doing in Melancholy Cove. It must really be something special though because the author has alot of titles to his name! Me, I struggle to write a lot as a single word...

Reply to
Bill

For the record, lust isn't romantic, it's primal. Go for the gusto! Hump that gasoline truck! (Oops, mustn't let out secrets.)

Like Native American myths/stories? Read _Coyote Blue_, too. Just don't read Moore's books in public, unless you can handle the stares when you burst out laughing, wherever you happen to be.

I can't imagine our Bill obsessing over any little thing. I really can't.

-- The problem with borrowing money from China is that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again. --Steve Bridges as Obama

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I was using a euphemism ("the substitution of a mild, indirect, or vague expression for one thought to be offensive, harsh, or blunt"). I just looked it up to double-check! ; )

Oh no! The lizard may have escaped!!!

Me? You should see the Bill from the A/C guy who soldered a pinhole-leak for me last month! I don't need to make this stuff up...

BTW, I go as 'Bill' so that I blend in anonymously sort of like a chameleon. Don't blow my cover, or I'll change my name to Gill or something else I can remember. Do you remember the movie which featured the real Gill?

Reply to
Bill

Sure don't. Was he a wooddorker?

-- The problem with borrowing money from China is that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again. --Steve Bridges as Obama

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Y'know, I just caught that Subject again and realized how well the book fits it. We're full circle and back on topic!

-- The problem with borrowing money from China is that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again. --Steve Bridges as Obama

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Bill starred in it in 1991.

Reply to
Bill

Nope, still went PSA on me, but I don't want you to blow your cover.

(PSA was an airline, airplanes go over our heads.)

-- The problem with borrowing money from China is that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again. --Steve Bridges as Obama

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I was just kidding about blowing my cover. But if I create too many sparks with my electrical questions, and I return as Gill, then at least you'll know it's me!

By the way, 'Gill' was the name of Bob's goldfish in the movie "What About Bob?" (starrring Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfuss). I only intended it as an amusing trivia question. :)

That reminds me of the time my parents went away for a weekend get-away, during which the 40 gallon fish aquarium on the 2nd floor sprung a leak. All of the water leaked out, severely damaging the ceiling below...and the fish... :(

Reply to
Bill

What was the hole spacing where the water went through the floor?

Reply to
m II

Like a softpoint bullet, nothing like the one where it came out.

Reply to
Bill

Jack Stein wrote in news:j3gmop$927$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

If you're downloading that much, go for the next higher tier. 180 gig for $25. That'll keep anyone in business for a while.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Only if you put that kind of fish on almond bread. Jewish biscotti aka Mandelbrot...I know, a bit obscure....

Reply to
Robatoy

You don't need math AT ALL to get evenly spaced marks. Get some elastic tap e from a sewing center. Mark it every two inches. Put one of the marks wher e you want the first hole to be. Stretch it to get the desired number of ho les with the last hole being where you want the last hole to be. Done.

daneyuleb

Great for dress making, I guess.

Reply to
Leon

Yeah, that stuff stretches really well.

Reply to
OFWW

This is an old, old, old theread. But could not resist.

There are two types of countries in the world. The ones that use the metric systems, and the ones that have walked on the moon. You do the math.

Reply to
Phil coppney