Hole spacing

Page 5 of 6
On 8/24/2011 1:01 PM, Swingman wrote:

Roger, Woolco, and Out!
On 8/24/2011 2:21 PM, Leon wrote:

Yeah, you guys are out, but now you got me stuck in Sketchup, dividing up 6", 5 1/2", 5 1/4" and 4 3/4" lines, 2 different ways...
Thanks...
--
Jack
On 8/24/2011 3:32 PM, Jack Stein wrote:

I aim to confuse! LOL
Take a look at my pdf file in abpw
On 8/24/2011 7:32 PM, Leon wrote:

I've been thinking about going with a pay service to get binaries, but so far, just thinking about it...
--
Jack

Looks like you're doing just fine without the binaries, but your curiosity has been tweaked.
I'd suggest you pay Astraweb $10 for 25 GB of downloads, like I did in 2008. I'm still owed 24 GB of downloads, but then, I hardly ever look at anything other than abpw.
Bonus is the great retention and reliability of astraweb.
--
Best regards
Han

What do you see as advantages using the free ABPW over a free picture hosting site, Leon? What would you want that you'd have to pay for in that direction, too? I don't get it.
-- Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens. -- Jimi Hendrix

Maybe this reasoning will help. My pictures are my pictures. If I put them up on a website I have to keep track on which ones are where, and of which part of the site is going to be public, for friends, or just my self. When I want to share with everyone, it is easier to attach a picture to a post than upload to a website and check the permissions.
--
Best regards
Han

What does the latter cost in time? Maybe five minutes for two dozen pics?
Add in the limitations imposed by posting to a binary group, and extra time spent posting to the picture host because some people invariably send email to you saying that they don't subscribe/can't get binaries, and I would think that the balance would be to the picture host in the end. YMMV
-- Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens. -- Jimi Hendrix

Yes, it may be 6 of 1 vs half a doz of the other. So, it'll depend on my whims and how important I think it is for you to see the pics. Did you get to see the entertainment ctr I finished, with the woven strips of maple and walnut as the panels of the doors? Go see abpw in a few minutes then <grin>.
--
Best regards
Han

Yes, I did, and I complimented you on it. I liked it very much.
But it wasn't because they were on ABPW. You had posted them on Flickr. Pfffffffffffft! <evil grinne>
-- Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens. -- Jimi Hendrix
On 8/26/2011 7:00 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I can very quickly access pictures at ABPW with out having to open another program.

OK, once you're set up and subscribed, it can be a few seconds quicker than opening a browser window.
ABPW has a lot of pukey ducks and 57 kudos for each. <sigh> Clicking on a link to a picture host site takes about half a second.
Some pukey ducks were socially redeeming, IMHO. I saved someone's. http://goo.gl/PvwVu Oh, that took me about a minute to upload to my own site, including opening an FTP prog and new browser window. I didn't include search time for that particular pic. ;)
-- Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens. -- Jimi Hendrix
On 8/26/2011 7:00 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Oh, and another reason for using APBW, the OP posted the results there.

Well, there's that. <silly grin>
On 8/25/2011 11:55 AM, Han wrote:

--
Jack

If you're downloading that much, go for the next higher tier. 180 gig for $25. That'll keep anyone in business for a while.
Puckdropper
Paul wrote:

three-holer with a star cutout in the door. No idea how they figured out how to space the holes.
--
Gerald Ross

Be nice to your kids. They'll choose
On 8/22/2011 10:11 PM, Gerald Ross wrote:

That was a damn sight easier to figure out ... just mark the profile of the biggest ass on a board, add two more just like it using the Sears catalog as a spacer.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Lengthwise for spacing, widthwise for use, right?
-- It is characteristic of all deep human problems that they are not to be approached without some humor and some bewilderment. -- Freeman Dyson
Swingman wrote:

Gosh, a small-ass could fall through!!! <ewwwwww!>