Holding window grills in

I would like to make my own (interior) grills for the new windows I will be putting in my home, but I'm at a loss on how to hold them in. I have not found any widgets to put in the grill that will allow them to be easily removed, yet stay in place. Does anyone have a suggestion for this problem?
Using "window grill clips" in Google came up with this site ... http://www.lcsplastics.com /
Good luck.
Joe T

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

What sort of windows are you putting in? It's usually easiest to use the same attachment system that the manufacturer uses. Pella uses a brass tack into the window, and a clip in the end of the grille: http://www.pella.com/maint/grilles/casement.asp?path=/maint/grilles/casement/removable Andersen uses a metal spring clip for their wood grilles: http://www.interstateservice.com/cgi-bin/WebStore/indexNEW.cgi/gl=hardware/drgrl-FrnchGld2.html
Tx both for the links.
They're Anderson. The key word I was missing in my google was 'clip'. I will have to look a the windows to see if there is an advantage to using thier hardware.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Actually, Andersen (note, two E's - will definitely affect your search) calls them fasteners in their product literature, IIRC. It's other people that call Andersen's clips clips. ;)