Hodgett's book recommendation...........

I've been seeing Lew Hodgett's references to Bingham's 'Practical Yacht Joinery' for years now. So when I saw a new copy on Amazon marketplace I thought I'd make the $5. investment. Well, this book is everything Lew says it is. Excellent reference material for woodworkers as well as yacht builders. Thanks, Lew.

R!

Reply to
ROY!

ROY! wrote: > I've been seeing Lew Hodgett's references to Bingham's 'Practical > Yacht Joinery' for years now. So when I saw a new copy on Amazon > marketplace I thought I'd make the $5. investment. Well, this book is > everything Lew says it is. Excellent reference material for > woodworkers as well as yacht builders. Thanks, Lew.

Thank you, but Bingham did all the work.

Any book that has a chapter, "Happiness is a $5 Table Saw", makes it worth having, IMHO.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Sat, Apr 7, 2007, 8:33pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@valid.net (ROY!) doth sayeth" I've been seeing Lew Hodgett's references to Bingham's 'Practical Yacht Joinery' for years now.

Pick up a copy or two of WodenBoat to see some fine examples.

JOAT In the rough is just enough.

Reply to
J T

Ditto ... I bought a used copy a few years ago on Lew's recommendation and have kept it handy ever since!

Reply to
Swingman

Same here.

Reply to
CW

OK, OK - y'all finally convinced me. I just ordered a copy (finally). Andy

Reply to
Andy

Got one for Christmas...I have yet to get to it. (Still wrestling my way through Universe In A Nutshell.. a little easier after Brief History.)

r?

Reply to
Robatoy

Specializing in longships?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Thu, Apr 12, 2007, 5:49am snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.=A0Clarke) doth query: Specializing in longships?

Well not specializing, but they have covered some fine examples.

JOAT Today's kids have it too easy. For $2.98 they buy a scale model of an atomic submarine. No need to tinker or think! That boys, is where the kick is.

- Weston Farmer

Reply to
J T