Hodgett's book recommendation...........

I've been seeing Lew Hodgett's references to Bingham's 'Practical Yacht Joinery' for years now. So when I saw a new copy on Amazon marketplace I thought I'd make the $5. investment. Well, this book is everything Lew says it is. Excellent reference material for woodworkers as well as yacht builders. Thanks, Lew.
R!
Add pictures here
βœ–
ROY! wrote: > I've been seeing Lew Hodgett's references to Bingham's 'Practical > Yacht Joinery' for years now. So when I saw a new copy on Amazon > marketplace I thought I'd make the $5. investment. Well, this book is > everything Lew says it is. Excellent reference material for > woodworkers as well as yacht builders. Thanks, Lew.
Thank you, but Bingham did all the work.
Any book that has a chapter, "Happiness is a $5 Table Saw", makes it worth having, IMHO.
Lew
Add pictures here
βœ–
Sat, Apr 7, 2007, 8:33pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@valid.net (ROY!) doth sayeth" I've been seeing Lew Hodgett's references to Bingham's 'Practical Yacht Joinery' for years now. <snip>
Pick up a copy or two of WodenBoat to see some fine examples.
JOAT In the rough is just enough.
Add pictures here
βœ–
J T wrote:

Specializing in longships?

--John
βœ–
Thu, Apr 12, 2007, 5:49am snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J. Clarke) doth query: Specializing in longships?
Well not specializing, but they have covered some fine examples.
JOAT Today's kids have it too easy. For $2.98 they buy a scale model of an atomic submarine. No need to tinker or think! That boys, is where the kick is. - Weston Farmer
Add pictures here
βœ–
"ROY!" wrote in message

Ditto ... I bought a used copy a few years ago on Lew's recommendation and have kept it handy ever since!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Add pictures here
βœ–

OK, OK - y'all finally convinced me. I just ordered a copy (finally). Andy
Add pictures here
βœ–

Got one for Christmas...I have yet to get to it. (Still wrestling my way through Universe In A Nutshell.. a little easier after Brief History.)
r?
Add pictures here
βœ–