Hitachi TR8 router

Hi. I have an old TR8 that gets regular use until last week. The tr8 has a single speed (24000 rpm), 6mm collet. It suddenly became more difficult to manually control and seems to be unbalanced when running.

Can anyone shed any light on whats gone wrong with it?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Certainly the speed control is not working. A question/guess, it is not spinning way too fast? Bearings are shot?

Probably time for a new router.

Reply to
Leon

Have you done a complete router tune up? There's a how-to article in Fine Woodworking, Taunton Press, not sure which issue. Have you checked the brushes? Carefully look for damage? Check runout? When did the router start behaving that way and what was it doing? Have the owner's manual?

Reply to
Phisherman

Hi. It did appear to be running faster.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

It hapened for the first time 2 weeks ago and I haven't used it since. I took it apart last year and broke 1 of the brushes (brush broke from spring) I didn't buy a new one and just bundled into the housing and router worked ok for more than 6 months. I don't have the manual (bought it 2nd hand more than 10 years ago)

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51