Hitachi M12V Sale!

Just thought I'd give everyone a big heads up on the sale on the Hitachi M12V 3-1/4HP variable speed plunge router on Amazon. The sale price is $159.99 PLUS if you use the Hitachi promotion code of THHTACBBK337 (see the Hitachi brand page on Amazon for details...promotion good until Dec. 31) you'll get another $25 off. If you then select "Free Super Saver Shipping", then you'll get this router shipped to your door for $134.99! That to me seems like a screaming deal for this router, especially after reading all of the mostly positive reviews on Amazon and this newsgroup's archives.
PJ

Wow - that seems like a screamingly good deal. And it appears that most of the reviews here have been positive. One question though - if you are thinking of using it exclusively in a table, is it necessary/recommended that you also purchase the Height Adjustment Knob to the tune of $25? Anyone know if there's a cheaper way of obtaining the same results - ie. is it just a threaded piece of metal that you could duplicate or get in a hardware store?
Thanks.
JP

I'm absolutely certain there's a way to build your own height adjustment thingee. But I'll probably never know, seeing as how I noticed this statement at the bottom of the page after I bought mine:
Bonus: Includes a free accessory package and a height adjustment knob, an $84 value, when you purchase this Hitachi router from Amazon.com.
From the picture, it looks a lot like the knob on the Freud.
Dan
A very nice spring loaded height adjustment knob is included with the router.
Bought mine last spring just because it was SO cheap-and LOVE IT !!! It came with the riser knob and I boiught the Micro-Fence to augment it. Works better than I had even hoped it would.

By chance, does it accept 1/4" shank bits? I read the specs and I didn't see anything about it. I've got a couple favorites that I like, and they're 1/4's. If it does, then it's on my want list.
--
This space for rent.
Jerry The Phoneman

If you do lose it, Lee Valley has shiny replacements for $2-$3.
wrote:

see

No big deal....we sell the replacement for $4.95
--
Jon Down

I just got one of the M12Vs from Amazon with the sale and rebate. Great deal on that router. In the package with the reciept was a $10 coupon. I used it to buy a Porter Cable 690LRVS, which was also on sale for $139, so it was $129 shipped to my door. The funny thing was that I normally wait a week or two for shipping when using the Super Saver shipping from Amazon. This time I got both tools within three days.
steve