Hitachi M12V Router $127 at Amazon

The Hitachi M12V is in today's "Friday Sale" at Amazon. $152. There's a $25 coupon too. So that's $127 including shipping. That is the cheapest I've seen.

Reply to
AL

1) How do you get the coupon? 2) Seems too cheap, compared to a Bosch or a PC. Why?
Reply to
Toller

Have a look here for the coupon. If the link doesn't work, go to

click on "all brands" on the left, then "Hitachi".

for Hitachi vs. Bosch/PC, the question is why are Bosch and PC so expensive?

Reply to
AL

I just ordered one! I had it in my cart for the last two days and hesitated. I'm glad I did!!! :) It shows a ship date of 12-29.

The promo code is: THHTACBBK337

-Mike

Reply to
Poseidon

Prolly cause the switches is screwed up??? At least mine is.

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

Anyone know why Hitachi router M12V price keep droping..

Reply to
WD

Maybe they have something new coming out out soon. I bought my MV12 2 years ago.

It is a solid router.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

I stumbled upon the deal Friday evening and then hedged. When I checked back Saturday AM, the deal had reverted back to the usual $159 price. I ordered the Hitachi anyway. Maybe paying the higher price means I get a better tool.

I even called Toolcrib to ask about the unit and the operator never mentioned the sale price. Today when I called in to question the higher price, the operator told me about Amazon Friday sales.

Hitachi has been making the M12V for a long time. It's a good, strong router, but maybe they feel that the bells and whistles on the newer routers require Hitachi to lower the price to make it more competitive. One drawback to the model I have (and I suspect it hasn't changed) is that there is no thermal overload on the motor, so if it gets too hot or jams, poof! it's time for a new router. I'm careful, though, and mine has worked well for me.

Reply to
Hitch