Hitachi M12 for router table

I have a Hitachi M12 that I am going to use in a router table. I would like to remove the plunge springs from the router. Is there anyway to easily remove them without taking the router completely apart?

Ron

If it isn't broke, fix it until it is.

Reply to
Ron Stitt

Ron Stitt woke up and had the following words of wisdom ....:

How are you going to adjust the bit height and maintain some stability with the plunge springs removed ? I have a M12V in a router table (New Yankee workshop plans) for about 2 years now and I use the height adjuster (that came free with the router) to manipulate the bit height. Seems to work fine. Now if I could find a above adjuster that did not cost a arm and a leg, then I would install that.

JAW

Reply to
JAW

I also have the free height adjuster. Does that mean I can adjust the height without messing with the depth springs? Those suckers are really strong when the router is upside down under the table.

Reply to
Ron Stitt

Try this site

James Ruetenik

Check out

shows how to get the most from this router in a table.

Dick Durbin Tallahassee

Reply to
Dick Durbin

Ron Stitt woke up and had the following words of wisdom ....:

I have used it this way fro some time. Not too hard to turn. I found out that you do need to regularly dismount the router from the table and clean out the thing. Even though I have it all hooked up to dust collection, I still get fine materials in the plunger area.

Reply to
JAW

Reply to
Ron Stitt