Hitachi circular saw $50 at Menards !

While picking up some stuff at Menards this afternoon, I noticed the Hitachi C7BD2 (with electric brake) circular saw on sale for $49.99 after $30 rebate (ie. $79.99). There was a big blue sign clearly stating the model number, price and rebate amount. I've owned the previous version of this saw (which I paid about three times more) for the last 5 years and have been very happy with it, so I couldn't pass up another one at such a low price. So I paid and then went to get the rebate form. But wait. It said $5 instead of $30. I spoke to the customer service rep who expressed disbelief that they were offering such a high rebate. There is no way I'm going to let them post one thing and then tell me it is something else. So i persisted, talked to the hardware rep and then the store manager. 20 minutes later they gave me the difference.

If you need a circular saw, stick it to Menard's. Not doing so will encourage them to try more of these lies.

Reply to
AL