Hitachi CF75 Blade Kinked - is is fixable

Folks I have a Hatachi CF75 3" Stellite Resaw Blade and the other day I was cutting up some roughly 6" size hickory disks to use in my smoker when the blade jammed and it now has a small kink in it.

Is there a way to remove this kink such as heating and shrinking or is the blade a total loss. It still runs and cuts but obvioulsy makes a slapping noise when the kinked section goes through the guides.

Thanks for the help.

Paul Maples

Reply to
wheelterrapin

Normally it's not cost effective to straighten/sharpen a hobbyist type band saw blade. At the approximate cost of $135 for the blade you have I'd start calling saw sharpening services in the area to see if they can straighten it.

Reply to
Nova

Thanks Jack for the input, my problem is that I do not think there is any local saw sharpening services in my area but I will check around. I live in a small town.

Paul

Reply to
wheelterrapin

Thanks Jack for the input, my problem is that I do not think there is any local saw sharpening services in my area but I will check around. I live in a small town.

Paul

Paul...

...For as much as one of those blades will cost you, I suspect that your idea of "my area" will grow by several miles. I'm gonna guess that one blade will set you back up to close to $150usd and for that knid of money, I'll drive an hour to find a blade shop.

If you were to give us an idea of where you are, we might know somewhere to send you to get your blade fixed up. Altho I will say that the outfit I go to can do some great things with bandsaw blades, they are never quite perfect, so for my little 14" machine, I tried it once and realized that it just wasn't cost effective...but I can get a new blade for $25usd or so.

Mike

Reply to
The Davenport's

Thanks Mike,

I live in Central Arkansas in a little town called Searcy, Arkansas which is about 50 miles NE of Little Rock.

Paul

Reply to
wheelterrapin