Hitachi CF75 Blade Kinked - is is fixable

Folks I have a Hatachi CF75 3" Stellite Resaw Blade and the other day I was cutting up some roughly 6" size hickory disks to use in my smoker when the blade jammed and it now has a small kink in it.
Is there a way to remove this kink such as heating and shrinking or is the blade a total loss. It still runs and cuts but obvioulsy makes a slapping noise when the kinked section goes through the guides.
Thanks for the help.
Paul Maples
wheelterrapin wrote:

Normally it's not cost effective to straighten/sharpen a hobbyist type band saw blade. At the approximate cost of $135 for the blade you have I'd start calling saw sharpening services in the area to see if they can straighten it.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Thanks Jack for the input, my problem is that I do not think there is any local saw sharpening services in my area but I will check around. I live in a small town.
Paul

Thanks Jack for the input, my problem is that I do not think there is any local saw sharpening services in my area but I will check around. I live in a small town.
Paul
Paul...
...For as much as one of those blades will cost you, I suspect that your idea of "my area" will grow by several miles. I'm gonna guess that one blade will set you back up to close to $150usd and for that knid of money, I'll drive an hour to find a blade shop.
If you were to give us an idea of where you are, we might know somewhere to send you to get your blade fixed up. Altho I will say that the outfit I go to can do some great things with bandsaw blades, they are never quite perfect, so for my little 14" machine, I tried it once and realized that it just wasn't cost effective...but I can get a new blade for $25usd or so.
Mike

Thanks Mike,
I live in Central Arkansas in a little town called Searcy, Arkansas which is about 50 miles NE of Little Rock.
Paul