Hitachi C12LCH 12" Laser Compound Miter Saw

Does anyone have the Hitachi C12LCH 12" Laser Compound Miter Saw? I'm mostly interested in how the laser mechanism works. Is it an always on system or just when the blade is spinning? I've read that the laser is switchable between sides. Can this be done on a cut-by-cut basis, or is it something that's set during assembly?

I'm kinda comparing this to the Delta 36-255L.

TIA, Shawn Clabough

Reply to
Shawn

Dave jackson

I have the same 10" saw (C10FSH) that Dave mentioned and I love it. The laser is adjusted with a knurled knob and can be easily moved to either side of the blade. There are no positive stops so it may require a test cut to get it right where you want it. Once I set mine I just left it on one side and haven't changed it.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce in MI