I've had experience with this saw in two different shops.
2. Good ergonomics. I like the handle and trigger. Once you get used to
it you can do repetitive cuts fast.Unlike some other saws that are a
hassle with every cut.
3. Sturdy interface. The design is good. I can't envision any of the
plastic handl parts every breaking down where lots of saws, just one
grip and you start to wonder how long until it breaks.
4. OK on accuracy
5. Footprint. Yes it's small but I think you should always clamp or
bolt a SMS down, so the small size is a benefit for a job site type
6. In the shops I've used it, it is just for cutoff, not cross cut.
Not really accurate or easily adjustable enough for fine work. Probably
great for framing etc but maybe not the best for finish carpentry if
you are doing lots o' miters. I'd go with Bosch for that.
7. Strong. It has a good motor.Not sure of the amps but it seems
stronger than the craftsman RAS that I can bog on 4/4 hardwood.
Hitachi's rarely bog on 8/4 but I might just be more careful.
8. Slide mechanisim is smooth but they have some protruding items over
the top that can catch the cord or dust hose if not setup carefully.
Other than that I don't really have an opinion. ;^)