Hitachi C10Fsb

What's the general opinion of the Hitachi 10" sliding miter saw. From what I've read, some people think its the saw to have, others have the opposite idea. I'm hoping to get some feedback based on use. I'd be curious as to how they would hold up in a construction setting. The one possible flaw I can see is the fairly small footprint on the saw. I've heard it can tip. I'd like to hear from anyone that's had real hands on use with this particular saw. Good and bad feedback is equally welcome.

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
Michael Billings

I've had experience with this saw in two different shops.

  1. Reliable
  2. Good ergonomics. I like the handle and trigger. Once you get used to it you can do repetitive cuts fast.Unlike some other saws that are a hassle with every cut.
  3. Sturdy interface. The design is good. I can't envision any of the plastic handl parts every breaking down where lots of saws, just one grip and you start to wonder how long until it breaks.
  4. OK on accuracy
  5. Footprint. Yes it's small but I think you should always clamp or bolt a SMS down, so the small size is a benefit for a job site type saw.
  6. In the shops I've used it, it is just for cutoff, not cross cut. Not really accurate or easily adjustable enough for fine work. Probably great for framing etc but maybe not the best for finish carpentry if you are doing lots o' miters. I'd go with Bosch for that.
  7. Strong. It has a good motor.Not sure of the amps but it seems stronger than the craftsman RAS that I can bog on 4/4 hardwood. Hitachi's rarely bog on 8/4 but I might just be more careful.
  8. Slide mechanisim is smooth but they have some protruding items over the top that can catch the cord or dust hose if not setup carefully.

Other than that I don't really have an opinion. ;^)

BW

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com