Hitachi announces new joining system

Asian News Service Press Release, April 01, 2008
Hitachi announces new Joinery system- makes the competition fall like dominos
Joining has always been a slow, difficult process. Never again, thanks to Hitachi's new ChopSTYX joining system. The system consists of the ChopSTYX joiner and pre-fabricated, solid Beech, ChopSTYX tenons. The ChopSTYX joiner, with its revolutionary varyable multiple cutting method and simple indexing features makes flawless mortises every single time. The ChopSTYX tenon is equally as impressive - it's 100% recycleable from chopsticks and rotation proof when two or more ChopSTYX tenons are used. ChopSTYX tenons come in five sizes, one perfect for almost any application and are free with any order from your local Asian carry-out. The system works on everything from face frames and workpieces as small as 1" x 5/8", to large projects and heavy furniture.

I wonder what Robin is up to this year.
<<I wonder what Robin is up to this year.>>
Here it is: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&pY459&cat=1,50230
Too bad it's a special for today only. Looks like it could actually be useful.
Lee

Another use for the same device.
<http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&pY456&cat=>

I think somebody is trying to bamboo-zle us.

No kidding. Bamboo and all.
This group has gotten so literal minded that I am surprised that no one has plowed forward to write the inevitable long treatise of why they don't work very well and how it all ties into a negative experience they had with bamboo.
I am remembering Leuf's post of measurements, and how that had to be EXPLAINED as a joke on himself.
Sheesh. Lighten up! The ANS post by OP is making the rounds.
Robert