History of Planes on History Channel

Sorry, I know this is late notice, but I just noticed myself.
On "Toolbox" on the History Channel at 6:00pm Saturday EST
Plane "The plane is paramount in creating humans' greatest woodworking achievements."
Reruns Sept 23 @ 12:30AM EST and 6:30PM EST
The entire series on handtools is viewable beginning at 8:00AM EST
Handsaw - Sept 23 @ 8:00am EST Wrench - Sept 23 @ 8:30am EST Drill - 9:00am EST
etc...
Greg G.
Just watched it, the one on just before this was Screwdrivers and Screws. Great shows! Grandpa
Greg G. wrote:

Darn. I checked right away, but here (northern CA), we got "screwdrivers" followed by "blowtorches".
-jbb
<Greg G.> wrote in message

Sounds about how my repair jobs go. :-)
On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:31:41 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

Was "medical attention" next? ;^)
--
Joe Wells

Nah, I know which end of the blowtorch is the hot end. :-) [as do the uncooperating recipients of those repair jobs (won't come loose with the screw driver, eh? Try this: Phooomp!)]
On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:27:48 -0700, Mark & Juanita

That's why I bought an impact screwdriver (manual) very early on. It was great for motorcycle screws which had been installed with Loctite.
http://www.historychannel.com/global/listings/listings_search.jsp Keyword: toolbox handsaw, wrench, drill, hammer, chainsaw, axe, blowtorch, ruler, screwdriver, plane; 8am - 1pm EST Thursday 9/23 . I'll be recording from 5am since I get a sat feed from the wrong coast.
I record most shows now since it makes much more sense speeding through the commercials (30% of the program time) of which I'm SO sick and tired. Try it with a football game sometime. You can watch the whole game in just over ONE hour, including all the instant replays! What a joy! ;)
- Metaphors Be With You - http://diversify.com Web Application Programming

No, it was "morphine" followed by "scalpels"
Come to think of it, I'd watch a show on how scalpels are made. Call History Channel.
LOL!

Almost makes a guy want to put out the bucks for cable.
Rick
<Greg G.> wrote in message

Greg G. said:

This was an interesting look at hand planes including a segment on the inner workings of the Lie-Nielsen plane factory. Showed some interesting CNC metal laths and mills used in the production of their planes. One of the few products still produced in the USA.
Check your local listings for re-runs on or about Sept. 23rd.
Greg G.
The entire series will be on starting at 8 a.m. Sept. 23, edt. 8 Handsaw 8:30 Wrench 9 Drill 9:30 Hammer 10 Chainsaw 10:30 Axe 11 Blowtorch 11:30 Ruler 12 Screwdriver 12:30 Plane