History Channel - The Lumberyard

Cruising the listings to set up what I;ll watch later and saw the History Channel is showing The Lumberyard again tonight at 8PM EST. Good viewing if you've never seen it. I'll be watching it again, for about the 3d or 4th time. Logging Tech is on right after. Don't know if I'll watch that again or not.

JOAT To assume is to make an enemy of exactitude.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

I will watch it again tonight. Did you watch "The Deadliest Catch" Fishing King Crabs in Bering Strait, on Discovery channel last (every Tue) night?

.
Reply to
WD

The first one a few years ago was good, but the producers have obviously watched too many Orange County Chopper/RepoMan episodes since then.

Reply to
Swingman

"WD"

I did. Holy Smokes! That's a job perfectly suited for someone else! I don't care how much they pay - Its not for me.

Dave

Reply to
Teamcasa

Wed, May 10, 2006, 5:04pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Swingman) doth sayeth: The first one a few years ago was good, but the producers have obviously watched too many Orange County Chopper/RepoMan episodes since then.

I've watched a few episodes, but they all seem about the same. I much prefer Dirty Jobs, or Monster Garage. I just wish I could get Junkyard Wars, great entertainment.

JOAT To assume is to make an enemy of exactitude.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Whatever happened to Junkyard Wars? We used to get it on TLC. Great fun show.

Reply to
crashcup

Thu, May 11, 2006, 10:09am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com doth query: Whatever happened to Junkyard Wars? We used to get it on TLC. Great fun show.

When I asked my cable provider, they said it was on a different channel. One that I would have to pay for an entire package, at a substantial increase, to get. As I was only interested in the channel Junkyard Wars would come on, I didn't figure the extra cost was worth it. I think I'll e-mail the Discovery Channel about putting it on. It would sure beat the Hell o out of some of their other programs.

JOAT To assume is to make an enemy of exactitude.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

The British version, Scapheap Challenge, is still in production AFAIK. The American version could be Exhibit A in a display of How To Ruin A Good Show By Constant Tinkering. A shame.

Reply to
Bill

This is yet another example of somebody giving a bullshit answer rather than just admitting they don't know. There's a slim chance the operator at your cable company was trying to sell you digital cable so you could receive the Science Channel. They showed a few reruns of Junkyard Wars for a short time after it had disappeared from TLC but it is now gone from that channel as well.

I guess Junkyard Wars didn't dwell on relationships so TLC had no further use of it. Maybe Spike ought to try to pick it up.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon