Historic 18th century woodshop unveiled in Massachusetts

Interesting read, even without photos:
http://www.cabinetmakerfdm.com/Historic_18th_century_woodshop_unveiled_in_Massachusetts.html
Amazing how little thought today's average doofus gives to fabricating some of the basic necessities of life ... someplace else to eat, sleep and sit, besides on the ground or a rock.
And you would think an "architect" would know better:
"“We really thought nothing of it. We had used it as storage,” Christopher DeOrsay, an architect, told the globe."
More links, with some photos:
http://www.udel.edu/udaily/2013/dec/woodworking-120612.html
http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/Oldest-US-Woodshop-Discovered-183403611.html
http://news.discovery.com/history/untouched-18th-century-woodworking-shop-found-121213.html
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 12/20/12 9:11 AM, Swingman wrote:

http://news.discovery.com/history/untouched-18th-century-woodworking-shop-found-121213.html
In the picture of the workbench, is that the tailstock for a bench mounted lathe?
--

-MIKE-

✖
On 12/20/12 10:18 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Oops, read the article.... yep.
--

-MIKE-

✖
Dr. Richie Garrison, Uni. of Delaware, was mentioned in the articles. I emailed him and ask where might there be more pictures. He very kindly referred me to Peter Follansbee's blog.
http://pfollansbee.wordpress.com/tag/workbench /
Sonny
Add pictures here
✖