HINTS AND TIPS

How to make mobile bases, studded knobs, and more.

JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them.

- Picasso

Reply to
J T

Good one. I keepeth. Full of niftyness.

Tanx

Reply to
Robatoy

Tue, Dec 11, 2007, 10:57pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Robatoy) claimeth: Good one. I keepeth. Full of niftyness.

Can't keepeth. Gotta shareth. Selfish knave.

JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them.

- Picasso

Reply to
J T

Good one, bro...

I thought that the brake concept on the mobile base was very clever... and a lot easier than building one with flip-up wheels..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Wed, Dec 12, 2007, 7:38am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@bajadavis.com (mac=A0davis) doth hopefully sayeth: Good one, bro... I thought that the brake concept on the mobile base was very clever...

This does NOT mean it is safe to ride it downhill.

JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them.

- Picasso

Reply to
J T

I can see that, now that you pointed it out.. I'm way too old to run in front of it, trying to tighten the screw handle..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Wed, Dec 12, 2007, 3:29pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@bajadavis.com (mac=A0davis) dothly sayeth: I can see that, now that you pointed it out.. I'm way too old to run in front of it, trying to tighten the screw handle..

Hehehe That reminded me. Years back, in another life, I was in the Pentagon. For those that don't know, besides the stairs and elevators for moving from floor to floor, they have large spiral ramps. Mainly they're so the electric fire trucks and medical ambulances can journey from floor to floor. But they're also in use by others. One day I saw a Army SP4 pushing a shopping cart around one of the building rings (halls) and then down a ramp. He'd been scooting along with one foot on the cart and the other pushing himself along. He kept going down the ramp. And started picking up speed. However, insteadof putting the other foot down, he put his pushing foot up. Speed continue to accumulate. Until he ran into a wall. Needless to say, I laughed my ass off. Ah, great times, with great guys. LMAO

JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them.

- Picasso

Reply to
J T

Thanks!

I saveth as well, but left a copy there for all to have.

Skip

Skip Williams

Are you the author of the ShopFileR software? ROY!

Reply to
ROY!

Roy,

I am.

I origionally wrote it for my own shop to solve some problems that I was having keeping track of all my links, forum messages, etc. Then added a bunch of stuff to it and thought it might be useful to others .

Skip

Reply to
Skip Williams

Skip, Program looks to be winner. How long will you give free updates to registered owners?

ROY!

Reply to
ROY!

Thanks for the kind words, Roy.

Registered users will get free updates for at least two years from the date they installed ShopFileR.

Some selected updates will be available for unregistered users as well. I plan to have an update next week to add the ability to add links, file associations, etc. to the Magazine Index. Some folks have scanned their WW mags or certain articles and wanted a way to keep the links and scanned files associated with a particular magazine. This update will be available to everyone.

Skip

Skip Williams

Skip,

I assume, from looking at your webpage, that you can copy saved messages from your newsreader to ShopFileR.

MS Outlook Express is nortorious for storing messages in a proprietary format that is almost impossible to move or copy to another program.

How do you handle this problem?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Any reason you can't save as .txt?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Hi Lee,

At this point, I dont try to interface with the OE or other newsreaders.

This newsgroup (as well as most others) is mirrored by Google

in a web page format which can be saved in ShopFileR as a link or, if you save the webpage as an .mht file, to your local hard drive as a web page (mht file) with the pics and links intact, and then can be associated into ShopFileR....

Also, another way,...if there is a particular message that you want to save , then copy the message to the clipboard and do a paste into the 'Notes' in ShopFileR, or paste it into notepad and save it as a .txt file and associate that in ShopFileR... a couple of ways to skin that cat

I am looking at a direct newsgroup interface in ShopFileR, however, but havent decided if I really want to implement it yet. Maybe a future enhancement.

Skip

Skip Williams

Just the time and volume issues. I am often in a rush when I frequent newsgroups. I can quickly copy to a folder in the original format. Changeing the format not only requires a bunch of extra steps, but a new location as well. It greatly increases the time and hassle. And it is often impossible to do with my schedule.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

"Skip Williams" wrote in news:%dm8j.37759$L% snipped-for-privacy@bignews3.bellsouth.net:

But, posts do expire from news servers, so they only real alternative is either saving the post as a local file, or (if it is pure text) making a link to the google archive, or if it is a abpw picture, possible a link to the abpw archive (name/link escapes me at this moment).

I have tried to get to archived links in google if the original post expired from the verizon news server, but have yet to find a news ID that works properly. I suspect that Verizon renames the ID (??).

Reply to
Han

A quick update to my above reply .....

Some of y'all may have downloaded ShopFileR last week. Just wanted to let you know that an update is available.

Links, files, etc can now be associated in the Magazine Index section. Scanned articles or complete magazines can be organized here.

On the main menu, go to 'Help', 'Check the Web for Updates'

Thanks __________________ Skip

Skip Williams