hint: the tablesaw doesn't go on the ice chest

Page 3 of 4

We can hope but he will very likely be reelected.

I gather you really would like to see S. Palin up there on capital hill, huh???? IMO, we have too many "issues" in this country to blame them all on one person, or one party.

That is very true, but this guy is not helping at all, he is making them worse with wild spending. He's already making Clinton look good and may even make Carter look good.
Ed Pawlowski said:

I'm not happy about much of the spending either, but you have to remember, the bailouts have to be paid back. Some already have been, and the stimulus money is already going into road and infrastructure repairs in my area. It had to be paid for one way or another... Is it a permanent fix? Not even close. We've been outsourced.
Greg G.
wrote in message

Yes, said. It's been a long time coming. Of course, we don't seem to have the "restraint" to "pay back" anything. We'll deflate the currency.... I need to buy a car now and I notice that they cost alot more than they did last time around--and my salary has not went up (even close to) the same rate...
Bill said:

Tell me about it. Been through three different professions that were supposed to be" recession proof." They weren't. I guarantee you if we started importing cheap lawyers and politicians it would all change _overnight_.
Greg G.

If we imported cheap lawyers, we would have even more litigation. Cheap lawyers aren't the answer. I have been working at his message for a while, and I've come to the conclusion that I don't have lots of answers. I do generally believe that economic principles will prevail. I don't like alot of what I see.
Bill
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 00:46:45 -0500, the infamous "Bill"

I find it hard to believe that it could get worse, and I'm waiting for TAR 2.0 to happen. (The American public seems to be gearing up for a second revolution, and I'm guessing that something like this Obamacare bill will be the catalyst to give 'em the critical mass necessary to explode into it. Got weapons, ammo, and a bunker? How's your pantry stocked?

Putting a season on lawyers would help a whole lot. Can you imagine what people would pay for a lawyer tag this next hunting season? <evil grinne>
-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 22:56:36 -0500, the infamous "Ed Pawlowski"

Hell, Shrub and Carter have -already- celebrated that they can no longer be considered the worst President in the history of the USA.
[No, I won't be voting for Sarah again (actually, it was for McCain), but YES, I'm buying her book to show my support for her and help her get out from under the personal debt the fsking Demonrats put her in. GO SARAH! I just hope she stays out of politics, rooting from the sidelines instead. It's amazing how much she scares the Demonrats, huh? Even OUT of office. Har!]
-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Pracicing your mind reading again? Give it up. you're not very good at it.

Show me where I said anything about blaming anyone. In any case, blame for what? Nope, Kreskin you're not.

CW,
You are FAR too argumentative for me. I was just passing by, and I'll be by-passing this topic. Ya'll enjoy yourselves.
Bill
Bill said:

Well, Bill. Some of us old curmudgeons can be rather abrasive, don't let it get to you. A thick skin helps when hanging around the wreck's virtual water cooler.
I do find it interesting that in a group dedicated to woodworking, an on-topic post garners 1 to 20 replies and yet the much maligned OT posts frequently number 150 posts.
There are some pretty smart, interesting people here but if you think it's bad here try visiting an engineering group. Yowza! ;)
Greg G.

Nothing unusual about that. Woodworking replies within reason are relatively limited. OT posts can be virtually unlimited.
snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com said:

They do tend to meander quite a bit, jump into sub threads and various flame wars. Not a complaint, just an observation.
And here I thought everyone was asleep as I sit here with this:
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoctor/images/Remember.jpg
watching Southpark in a tiny window, messing with SolidWorks, and deciding what to do on yet another birthday.
Greg G.

Be pretty damned boring otherwise. Hell, look at all the laughs we would have missed if all diggerop talked about is wood. :)
snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com said:

Aye, mate. He'd be a bloody good bloke to down a few stubbies with. I've passed a joke or two along to the local bar maids. It's truly a colorful menagerie. :)
Greg G.
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 02:11:36 -0500, the infamous Greg

HBD, ya damned lush.
-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Yeah, I thought of that. Couple times a year thing, however. Bought the Bourbon last week under advise from someone in the group, so thought I give her a whirl. Also thought some might enjoy the "Remember the Alamo" shot glass picked up somewhere in Texas. Thanks for the wishes, Larry!
Greg G.
"Greg G." wrote:

By definition engineers are trained to never make a decision but to keep "massaging" a project forever trying to "improve" the end result.
One of the reasons I walked away from it.
Lew
Lew Hodgett said:

And the bean counters don't help much in that regard either.
Greg G.