Hinge(s) or ???

Working on a little organizer. Shaped like a simple miniature bookcase, 2 sides, 2 shelves, about 15" square with depth of 5".
It is designed to have a 'door' over the lower shelf. Such door will fit inside the lower shelf dimensions and I am having trouble figuring what kind of hinge(s) would be appropriate.
Thinking the 'door' *could* sorta fold into the upper part of the lower shelf if I could gind the right hinges.
Ever see something like this that folds up kinda like the front of a roll-top desk or certain bread-boxes? Involves mounting runners in upper part of shelf. Know what the hinge/runners are called? I'm brain-locked. Tried the Rockler catalog, didn't see anything that really filled the bill.
Thx, P
On 10/28/2010 3:08 PM, Puddin' Man wrote:

Flipper door hinges?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 10/28/2010 4:44 PM, Swingman wrote:

Read your question again and you could also be referring to tambour doors.
You generally see these in "appliance garages" in kitchens.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Thanks. If they're available in small enough sizes, they will be worth looking at.
You know hinges/guides, etc? There's one with like just a straight rod and a free- turning nut/guide. Name??
Cheers, P
Puddin' Man wrote:

"Stay". Modified as in casement stay, skylight stay, desk stay... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q sk+stay+hardware&aq=1&aqi=g2g-m1&aql=&oqsk+stay&gs_rfai=Czb4RLazKTLOaMIveggTb-9DaDwAAAKoEBU_QqQ1p
--

dadiOH