Hinge(s) or ???

Working on a little organizer. Shaped like a simple miniature bookcase,

2 sides, 2 shelves, about 15" square with depth of 5".

It is designed to have a 'door' over the lower shelf. Such door will fit inside the lower shelf dimensions and I am having trouble figuring what kind of hinge(s) would be appropriate.

Thinking the 'door' *could* sorta fold into the upper part of the lower shelf if I could gind the right hinges.

Ever see something like this that folds up kinda like the front of a roll-top desk or certain bread-boxes? Involves mounting runners in upper part of shelf. Know what the hinge/runners are called? I'm brain-locked. Tried the Rockler catalog, didn't see anything that really filled the bill.

Thx, P

Puddin' Man

Flipper door hinges?

Reply to
Swingman

Read your question again and you could also be referring to tambour doors.

You generally see these in "appliance garages" in kitchens.

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks. If they're available in small enough sizes, they will be worth looking at.

You know hinges/guides, etc? There's one with like just a straight rod and a free- turning nut/guide. Name??

Cheers, P

Puddin' Man

"Stay". Modified as in casement stay, skylight stay, desk stay...

dadiOH

Many thanks to Swingman and dadiOH for naming such doodads, steering me in the right direction.

I'm not finding them locally (St. Louis, MO, US) but at least I know what to ask for. Will likely order via net soon.

Danke, P

Reply to
Puddin' Man