Hinge question

Soliciting your ideas. I frequently build small boxes out of materials 1/4" or less. The top is glued on the box then cut apart, so I can't pin through the side. This prevents me from using most of the common methods of hinging the top. Any ideas on how to hinge something that's 1/8" or so thick? I'm thinking leather might work. Which side out (is it just a matter of preference?)? What glue to use?
Add pictures here
✖

This type of hinge may work but you will need a special blade to cut the slots.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID 927&TabSelectÞtails
Add pictures here
✖
Smaug Ichorfang wrote:

If the top doesn't fit into a lip on the box you could use small strips of brass and pin/rivet/glue them on to the box and top sides either inside or out. Could be morticed or not. _____________

Personal preference. Any glue that would hold it and let it stay flexible. White glue should work. You could use fabric or any other flexible material.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

ago and tried making the hinges out of ebony. They looked *awful*! Maybe I've gotten better now.
Add pictures here
✖
If I understand the top is just 1/8" thick with no sides on it or very little sides. You can just use any typical hinge. I suppose I would use two nice little brass hinges. One leaf would lay on the top of the top and one leaf would be on the side of the box. You can use little bolts with nuts and washers inside or use rivets. I think this would look better than any Davey Crockett version of a leather hinge.

Add pictures here
✖
<< I'm thinking leather might work. >>
Or canvas.