Hinge measurements

Hi all

When using door hinges, where the door goes on front (such as in a kitchen), what are the measurements then?

I use standard hinges, with =D835 mm for the hole, such as this one:

what is the right word in English... and German if anyone knows?]

Anyway, the holes for the screws should be 40 mm in the "wall" or side, but the large =D835 mm hole should be how far in? I tried to measure it, and found that 24 mm (or 25 =3D 1 in) should be good - but it also depends on the type of wood. Right now I work in melamin/laminate with a thickness of 16 mm, before I used "glued plates" with a thinkness of 18 mm.

WBR Sonnich

Reply to
jodleren

When using door hinges, where the door goes on front (such as in a kitchen), what are the measurements then?

I use standard hinges, with Ø35 mm for the hole, such as this one:

what is the right word in English... and German if anyone knows?]

Anyway, the holes for the screws should be 40 mm in the "wall" or side, but the large Ø35 mm hole should be how far in? I tried to measure it, and found that 24 mm (or 25 = 1 in) should be good - but it also depends on the type of wood. Right now I work in melamin/laminate with a thickness of 16 mm, before I used "glued plates" with a thinkness of 18 mm.

WBR Sonnich

In the USA they are usually called European Hinges, Cup Hinges, and Blum Hinges.

Here is a starting point - Frameless Cabinets:

you follow their links, you can view Complete installation instructions in metric under More Info.

Reply to
LDosser

When using door hinges, where the door goes on front (such as in a kitchen), what are the measurements then?

I use standard hinges, with Ø35 mm for the hole, such as this one:

what is the right word in English... and German if anyone knows?]

Anyway, the holes for the screws should be 40 mm in the "wall" or side, but the large Ø35 mm hole should be how far in? I tried to measure it, and found that 24 mm (or 25 = 1 in) should be good - but it also depends on the type of wood. Right now I work in melamin/laminate with a thickness of 16 mm, before I used "glued plates" with a thinkness of 18 mm.

WBR Sonnich

Typically Blum hinges are located 1/8"/ 3mm from the edge of the door and the 35mm hole to receive the hinge is 1/2"/12mm deep. Different brands or styles may have different requirements.

Reply to
Leon

Hello

I put the center 22 mm (~ 7/8 inch) from the edge, that is the hole is 22- (35 / 2) =3D 4,5 mm (~ 3/16 inch) from the edge. That worked well

Sonnich

Reply to
jodleren