Hinge measurements

Hi all
When using door hinges, where the door goes on front (such as in a kitchen), what are the measurements then?
I use standard hinges, with 35 mm for the hole, such as this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Topfscharnier.jpg
[btw what is the right word in English... and German if anyone knows?]
Anyway, the holes for the screws should be 40 mm in the "wall" or side, but the large 35 mm hole should be how far in? I tried to measure it, and found that 24 mm (or 25 = 1 in) should be good - but it also depends on the type of wood. Right now I work in melamin/laminate with a thickness of 16 mm, before I used "glued plates" with a thinkness of 18 mm.
WBR Sonnich
Hi all
When using door hinges, where the door goes on front (such as in a kitchen), what are the measurements then?
I use standard hinges, with 35 mm for the hole, such as this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Topfscharnier.jpg
[btw what is the right word in English... and German if anyone knows?]
Anyway, the holes for the screws should be 40 mm in the "wall" or side, but the large 35 mm hole should be how far in? I tried to measure it, and found that 24 mm (or 25 = 1 in) should be good - but it also depends on the type of wood. Right now I work in melamin/laminate with a thickness of 16 mm, before I used "glued plates" with a thinkness of 18 mm.
WBR Sonnich
In the USA they are usually called European Hinges, Cup Hinges, and Blum Hinges.
Here is a starting point - Frameless Cabinets:
http://www.rockler.com/articles/display_article.cfm?story_id '
If you follow their links, you can view Complete installation instructions in metric under More Info.
Hi all
When using door hinges, where the door goes on front (such as in a kitchen), what are the measurements then?
I use standard hinges, with 35 mm for the hole, such as this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Topfscharnier.jpg
[btw what is the right word in English... and German if anyone knows?]
Anyway, the holes for the screws should be 40 mm in the "wall" or side, but the large 35 mm hole should be how far in? I tried to measure it, and found that 24 mm (or 25 = 1 in) should be good - but it also depends on the type of wood. Right now I work in melamin/laminate with a thickness of 16 mm, before I used "glued plates" with a thinkness of 18 mm.
WBR Sonnich
Typically Blum hinges are located 1/8"/ 3mm from the edge of the door and the 35mm hole to receive the hinge is 1/2"/12mm deep. Different brands or styles may have different requirements.

Hello
I put the center 22 mm (~ 7/8 inch) from the edge, that is the hole is 22- (35 / 2) = 4,5 mm (~ 3/16 inch) from the edge. That worked well
Sonnich