hinge 180 degree hidden,for flushed surface

hi all my question is is there any hinge which satisfy the following,

1.180 degrees of rotation 2.door and cabinent front surface flushed 3.the hinge must be hidden
Reply to
jeganssn.swamy

It's possible you're describing an "L" shaped knife hinge. Not 100% hidden, but very little of the hinge shows at the top and bottom of the door.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Soss makes hinges just for this application. The barrel version is easiest to install, but not for the squeemish.

Robatoy

?c=2&p=40245&cat=3,41241,41265LV also has a couple of 170 degree "euro" style hinges for inset doors (do an item search on their page for 170) Andy

Reply to
Andy

As Andy has indicated, many Euro style hinges will get you real close to a

180 degree opening.

That said, if your doors have pulls that stick out from the front of the door you will not be able to open the door 180 degrees regardless of what hinge you use. With that in mind, perhaps a little shy of 180 degrees will work also.

Reply to
Leon

Yes

Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

Bill in Detroit

;-)

. I keep one in my drill collection kit. My index goes from 1/84" to

1" in 84ths. Doesn't everyone's?

(psssst..don't tell anybody, Bill, but a 10 mm might work...in a pinch...lol)

Reply to
Robatoy

I still think a Soss hinge is a very elegant solution. I use them often. People ooh and ahhh a lot when they see them..I mean..when they don't see them....I mean...

Reply to
Robatoy

I suggest a hinge no one has yet mentioned. It may require a slight modification , to your door design but the hinge is excellent and relatively inexpensive. It was used by professional cabinet makers before the euro hinge was intoduced here. You can Google Youngdale Hinges and see some data on them. Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

Do you find them difficult to adjust? I was going to use some for a small cabinet I'm making right now, but I read somewhere in the archives that they could be kind of a pain to adjust. Maybe just compared to the Blum-type hinges? I already bought some other hinges, so it's not urgent for me, but I do like the idea of the hidden barrel hinge, so maybe I'll keep them in mind for the future. Andy

Reply to
Andy

The width of the gap is easily adjusted with the barrel hinge. There is a wee set-screw, which expands the base of the barrel which holds it where you put it. So that adjustment is easy.... and it's all you get. The rest is careful templating before drilling. The regular hinges are adjustable by adding thin shims under the flange. Again, doing it right the first time is the way to do it. Those European hinges have made life real easy, but look like hell on a furniture grade cabinet....imho

Reply to
Robatoy

I ordered the Grex P635 pinner today. Double the price of the Craftsman/Nikle model but handles pins from 3/8" to 1-3/8". I bought a starter kit version that included 9,000 pins in 9 different sizes. Shipped for just under $220.

Reply to
Leon

A Youngdale hinge won't open to 180 degrees. They are about 115 degrees max.

Reply to
Charley

Yup, that would be the one. Guess the Domino waits, huh? (Whats $220 in the scheme of things, eh?)

Reply to
Robatoy

;-)

Yahhhh, just having some fun with the typo. Being something of a machine

-head, my eyeballs left skid marks when I saw that.

Me? I gots wire sizes, letter sizes, fractionals and mmmmmmmmmm's in a variety of tip styles and OAL's. If I need a new tip style, I can probably grind it by hand.

Just can't find any of those 84ths drills. Do you think it could be one of those Chiwanese spec bits ... the ones made from 'high alloy steel'?

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

I did say in my post that you would need to alter your door design. If not possible then Youngdale is not in the running. Joe G

Reply to
GROVER