Hickory Router bits

Hello Tell me what you think of this door makers router bit set. Is Hickory a good name in router bits?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#76919522&ssPageName ME:B:LC:US:1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#76918102&ssPageName ME:B:LC:US:1.
Thanks in advance. ron
My guess is no. I did a search on the bottom listing and it sells for $60 for 12 router bits. Don't seem likely they would be high quality. But for a buy it now price of $20, it may be worth a try.

good
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#76919522&ssPageName ME:B:LC:US:1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#76918102&ssPageName ME:B:LC:US:1.
I think Hickory is the Borg "high end" for "sets"...if they are junk, then I will return the 24 piece set I bought yesterday for much more than $20.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#76919522&ssPageName ME:B:LC:US:1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#76918102&ssPageName ME:B:LC:US:1.
Hello Thank-you for your input. The 12 pc sells for $99.00 here in Canada.
The door maker's set $139 CDN
The 24 pc $140 CDN
All at Home Depot
They are made by Oldham.
Thanks for the info about Oldham...the HD guy said that too but damned if I can find any mention of them on the 24 pc set. If true then I think all will be good with the world. I buy their 10" sawblades and would put them against any more expensive blade I've ever seen.
BTW the Borg sells the 24 pc set, all in 1/2" shanks, for US$99. Figure I'll use about 16-18 out of the 24 but if bought separately they run about $12 each for the smaller straight bits to $30 or more for the more complicated cutters with bearings. So I think the price was right (and the case is the most functional thing I've encountered in some time).

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 23:56:00 -0400, "Ronald Murray"

i have not tried there router bits but if the forstner bits are any indicator i would not bother with them. i bought the set of forstners and was not too pleased with the edges out of the box. poor castings and dull. took em back. skeez

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#76918102&ssPageName ME:B:LC:US:1.
I've used the smaller version of this set (bought at the Borg when I was just starting out). I really wouldn't recommend the Hickory bits to anyone.
Had the opportunity to use a couple tonight from the 24 pack and I was impressed. Nice clean cut on red oak and the PC 690 router didn't even notice it was routing. Time will tell of course so will reserve judgement until a later date.
wrote:

good
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#76918102&ssPageName ME:B:LC:US:1.