HF router lift hack

I managed to hack a Harbor Freight plunge router to be a self- contained router lift, adjustable with an allen wrench from the top surface. Total cost (including cheap HF router on sale) under $100.
Here's the instructable I wrote for it: http://www.instructables.com/id/Ultra-cheap-router-lift /
Kerry
On Nov 26, 10:30 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Nice job! I like the instructables the right amount of detail.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I am using a larger HF router mounted in my router table. One question, how do you change the bit with your system?
Deb

Hi Deb,
While I don't know what the OP uses...here's something that could be an option for you, <http://www.woodpeck.com/offsetwrenches.html I have one for my Dewalt and it works well.
DAC
DAC wrote:

The reaon I asked is that the 3hp HF router uses a single wrench and a detent button. That means you have to be able to get to the area below (above if it is standing on the base) the bit to depress the detent. So, Ii would assume he, like me, hauls it out on the table top to change the router bits.
Thanks for the link though.
Deb