HF policy

Walked into HF yesterday and saw a new sign right by the front doors. Stated that "all hf HANDTOOLS now have a lifetime warranty. Return it for a new one" etc.etc. Anyone else know about this? Not that it makes any difference in the quality.

Reply to
BigDog

is HF harbor freight? It's the only "HF" store I can think of in my area.

Reply to
Halon1211

Halon1211 wrote in rec.woodworking

Yes, Harbor Freight

Reply to
BigDog

Wasn't this always their policy?

Reply to
AL

AL wrote in rec.woodworking

I've never seen the sign before. Been there quite a number of times and it was never posted by the front doors on a large sign like it is now. Don't know if it was the policy before or not.

Reply to
BigDog

Their "Pittsburg" line of hand tools has always had lifetime warranty and I've exchanged things a few times without any trouble.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

Don't know about "always", but that's been the policy as far back as I can recall.

Reply to
Mark