HF Multitool - Another reason I didn't know I needed one

Broke down a month or two ago and bought their top of line multi-tool with no clear reason why I needed it. It is the kind of tool that you find good reasons for owning, as I have discovered several times since purchase.
We are building a garden shed with a 1' overhang and hand-cut rafters. I started boxing in the eves today. When I sighted down the horizontal row of rafters I noticed the dufis who cut them (me) had one hanging about 1/2" lower than the others. Moreover it cut was at an angle. I could see myself standing on my head on the ladder trying to cut it off with a hand saw. Then the light went on. Marked the cut line and ran the tools narrow wood blade into the side of the rafter a few times. In little more than one minute the wedge shaped chunk was laying on the ground.
Also used it to trim the sheet siding on one end where it overhung the adjoining side by about 1/4".
Love it.
RonB
I also own a Dremel multi-tool, which I receieved as a Christmas present from my son.
I have never opened it (in a year and a half) and yet I know it is the kind of thing, when you need it, there is no substitute. I should open the darn thing, practice with it, and then dream up ways to use it when needed.
[...]

Similar incedent with a "Drill Doctor" that was given to me as a Christmas present by my son. It sat for months unused. Then, one day when I was trying to drill a hanger hole in the basement I-beam, the drill bit I was using just wouldn't cut it.
You guessed it, Drill Doctor to the rescue. Now, every bit I own is sharp and up to the task. I even have friends who will have me sharpen a bit or two for them.
Joe aka 10x
RonB wrote:

I use mine everyday. Then again I'm in a business where I usually find good uses for it. As time goes by you will find more and more uses for it.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Yep. Mine sits idle most of the time, but when I need it I usually need it _bad_. And there are some things that I just plain wouldn't be able to do any other way without a huge amount of work.
Rich wrote: I use mine everyday. Then again I'm in a business where I usually

Exactly. It's an excellent tool for emulsification. Put some water in a glass, add some oil to the top (olive, motor, whatever) - or other combinations of immiscibles. Stick the blade of the HF Miracle Tool in the glass and watch the mixture emulsify.
What you do with the result is sometimes a solution in search of a problem (pardon the pun), but you can make a yummy vinaigrette....
On 10/26/10 11:16 AM, HeyBub wrote:

Nice. :-)
--

-MIKE-

High quality mayonnaise? Some olive oil, an egg, vinegar, a dash of salt, and your new HF Miracle Tool to make it come alive.
Jim Weisgram wrote:

Outstanding!
I'm writing the screenplay for a YouTube cooking video in my head as I type.
Thanks!