HF is coming! HF is coming!

Okay, okay . . . I'd be a lot more excited (and my checking account far more in jeopardy) if Rockler or Lee Valley were coming to town, but I saw today that I've got a local Harbor Freight opening October 26.
I find HF very useful for clamps and such. And when they hold a sale on something that I do want, it will be nice to drive 3 miles instead of 85.
I must say, it's an appropriate location. The anchor store in that shopping center is Big Lots. ;-)
Kevin
Stock up on BIBS! We have one here in Raleigh. Sometimes, the drool factor gets high!! Have Fun
Frank
Kevin Craig wrote:

Is it near the pier where the container ships from China come in?

Roughly 300 miles from the port of Houston, not that it matters. Everything HF sells is *nese, of one variety or another.
Kevin
Are you in Northeast TX by any chance? HF coming to my area where Big Lots is anchor store.
W.
wrote in message

In article

As northeast as it gets: Texarkana. Well, Nash, to be precise.
And you?
Kevin
DeKalb, just 30 miles west of you.
Posted this before but maybe reply was to individual instead of group.
w.

Hell, I was raised in Naples. Old home week.
--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com

Then you're one of the few people in the world who doesn't think of Nebraska when they hear the name "Omaha". :-)
Kevin
In article

While I'm glad to have HF coming, I wish I was so close to Cecil Phillips lumber. I've made a few trips out there, but never left with exactly what I wanted (which would be EVERYTHING!). But I've always gotten great service, and a good price on the stuff I was after.
I understand there are some turners in your neighborhood, too.
Kevin

First there's anchor store. Then there's the chain store. After that is Pier 1. Then the other Dockers places.
I'm not sure who was having the sail, but I'm told there was a ketch to it.

Our local HF open on Oct 3rd it's just 1-1/2 mile away and both Lowes and HD is less than 1/2 away together with Walmart.
Ha! ha! That is so funny. The HF here is in a shopping center anchored by, who else, Big Lots!
Bob

I just got an order in friday from the web.. mostly Christmas presents, but a few toys for me.. Bought 4 of their 4 1/2 angle grinders for presents.. they're not makita, bit for $9.99 each, what the heck..lol
I really like their metal self-clamping bench pegs... I got 4 of them friday and was out in the shop last night, drilling a few more rows of holes in the bench...
Got a set of 5 or 6 forstner bits in a wood box that I don't think I'd use for my projects, but it's a great present for 5 bucks.. Mac 03 Tahoe Widelite 26GT Travel Trailer replaced 1958 Hilite tent trailer 99 Dodge Ram QQ 2wd - 5.9L, auto, 3:55 gears