HF Framing Nailers

Hi, Anybody have experience with Harbor Freight air framing nailers, either the round head or clipped head? What would be the advantage of one over the other (I'm not sure I know exactly what the clipped head looks like). I wouldn't be using the nailer on a day-in/day-out basis but for fix-up, remolding, etc. projects on my old bungalow. I'd appreciate any advise. Thanks, Jer

Reply to
Maskman

Some municipalities don't allow clipped head nails. If you're going to be doing work that requires a permit, check with the building department to find out if they allow clipped head nails before you make your decision.

Reply to
Sam Krenov

Not personal - but there were two guys in line to return them when I popped in the local HF outlet. I have *no* idea whether that's two returns out'a

200; whether they wanted their money back; whether they were contractors, etc.

Just thinking you might want to consider how you'd return it, if necessary.

Reply to
mttt

I recently bought a reconditioned Porter Cable nailer for $189 from Amazon. It has been perfect so far and I've used the heck out of it. Since clipped heads are more common here, that's what I bought. We don't have the seismic or hurricane troubles that other parts of the country experience.

Jim

Reply to
Jeepnstein