To go with the PSI 2HP DC w/1 um bags: http://www.pennstateind.com/store/DC2000B.html
and an iSwitch: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 351&site=ROCKLER
on my mini HF DC, that I've been using for my SCMS: http://www.harborfreight.com/1-hp-mini-dust-collector-94029.html

Pls see answer to "tiredofspam"
--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

To keep noise to a minimum, I prefer the switch right where I'm working. I glued magnets to the remotes and "stick" them to the cast iron on the tools I'm currently working at. I don't have to go around and bend down to open the blast gate every time I turn them on. I guess one could put both systems in series.
The iSwitch works quite well for the SCMS (though the dust collection on the SCMS only sorta sucks) because it comes on with the SCMS switch. Each are on opposite 120V legs, so startup surge isn't a problem.

Great suggestion of magnets!! Will do soonest.

That was a problem with the toolswitch thingy from Sears I had, tripping.
--
Best regards
Han
On 8/26/2012 11:25 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I put all my blast gates at workbench height. That way I don't have to lean down. There's no point to having to lean down all the time... just sucks.
I guess one could put both systems in

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 14:33:57 -0400, tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

I have them as close to the tools as possible, though I guess with my new shop I can change that. I'm planning on keeping the DC in a central location to minimize hose length to the tools, though.

Thinking about it, the above isn't true (there is only one cord). They just come on at different times.
On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:44:04 -0600, Han wrote

I've only ever used the 220V Long Ranger on my 2HP cyclone. Never any problems except 'pocket dialing' on occasion when I have it clipped to my pocket and bump into something.
-Bruce
On 8/25/2012 4:44 PM, Han wrote: ...

I just finished swapping out the initial hard switch on the DC for a motor starter for the primary express purpose of adding an umbilical cord w/ a remote control station can just carry around.
In doing so, I had enough room in the starter box to move the motor start capacitor out of the little switch box on the machine and so still have just a single box there w/ local start/stop plus the remote that goes where ever I want it at the time...
The beauty of the magnetic starter is you can add an unlimited number of remote control stations simply w/ the cost of a much cheaper low-current wire run than any of the remotes and it's rock-solid reliable. Add a time delay relay in the off side at the controller and you can have the delayed-off as well.
Once I get the final location on the fixed equipment I'll add the DC and their control stations as a unit operation. Here's link to a handy set of logic diagrams to allow you to set up controls as desired...
<http://www.eaton.com/ecm/idcplg?IdcService=GET_FILE&dID "3191>
You can use either a 2-wire or run 3-wire control for the remote station--see Fig 1 and 2 at the attached; I had an old start control on hand so went 3-wire here.
The setup is shown in Fig 10 (p 9) for a single-phase starter; the various remote options are shown in following pages using three-phase but for single phase just toss out L3. (All the starters I have are actually 3-phase because I found a whole passel of used Rockwell starters cheap taken from a bunch of old Rockwell-Delta planers at an auction so I bought a dozen of 'em for $20.)
The diagram for the setup here is Fig 14 (p 11) altho it'll look more like Fig 18 (p 13) eventually when go to the multiple start from single station(s)...
NB that the key to all this is the logic diagram -- "Start" are in parallel; "Stop" in series.
*snip*

*snip*
I think all the UL certification means is that their test unit did what the package said it would and when it failed it didn't fail too dangerously.
Testing things until failure is a fun job, that's why so many of us do it for free. *g*
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 26 Aug 2012 02:16:02 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

I don't think it's tested at all.

I find designing things so they don't fail to be more rewarding. ;-) I don't know if you've ever dealt with UL but they are a RPITA.
Han wrote:

Did you test the Shop Fox? Mine died. Within the first week one of the remotes died. I had to return the whole shebang to get a replacement. Then After a few months the outlet plug on the Shop-Fox melted! I got a better one from Grainger and wired it in. Worked fine for a few months, then last week it just gave up the ghost.
Running a 1 hp delta dust collector.
--
G.W. Ross

Any problem can be solved with enough
No I don't think those things could affect the on/off switch of the DC. You could bypass the switch entirely and use the remote control to turn it on off?
al
On Saturday, August 25, 2012 2:55:25 PM UTC-4, Han wrote:

Thanks, Ribbit. It's done like you said, Took the switch out and wirenutted the wires. All is functioning at $0.00. I used the nuts I had <grin>.
--
Best regards
Han

Didn't that hurt?

Not really, they were leftovers from a bygone era ...
--
Best regards
Han

I really didn't want to get into your personal life, Han.

That's the saddest thing I've heard around here for a loooooong time. R.I.P. Hannuts.
-- The human brain is unique in that it is the only container of which it can be said that the more you put into it, the more it will hold. -- Glenn Doman

No reason for RIP, they are doing the job those wire nuts were designed for, they were just leftovers from some project long ago.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

Good use but you did get the implication (and difference) between your original "nuts" and "wire nuts". right? OTOH, maybe you *did* and they really *are* <sob> leftovers from a bygone era. It does happen...
--

dadiOH

When I notice a possibility for a pun, I try to grab the chance. Is that a pun too? I could go on, but this is enough, I think.
--
Best regards
Han