HF Dust Collector - can this be adapted to a 220?

The Harbor Freight 2HP industrial dust collector is wired for a 110 connection. Does anyone know if you can run this off a 220?
Jack
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:

A friend at work has one and he says the motor is 110 only with no provision to wire for 220. If I could run it 220 I would definately get one. Scott.
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> writes:

What advantage do you think you'd get if you could?
--
You can't trade cash for skill. Sadly, I have neither.

writes:
Less voltage drop and an easier start up.

I'm trying to balance out the amp usage in my workshop. I have an unused 220.
Michael Campbell wrote:

Michael Campbell wrote:

Well, for one thing it would require half as much current, a definate advantage when your shop is limited by a low current feed. Scott.
On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 22:12:53 -0700, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote:

probably, but only for a second or 2....
It's pretty much a "throw the switch and try not to blow a breaker" 110v motor... My neighbor claims that HIS lights dim when I turn it on, but once the motor gets up to speed it's a good machine for the price
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing