HF borescope?

HF has this inspection camera on sale for $66:

Anyone have any experience with this unit? I have a jammed drawer in a china cabinet and need to do some laproscopic surgery to open it.

Larry

Reply to
Gramps' shop

As the late great Yogi Berra once said "deja vu all over again"?

Spalted Walt

I'm curious. I imagine you are intending to drill the holes in from the rear of the cabinet. Assuming so, could you perhaps just drill through the cabinet back - NOT into the drawer itself - and then try to tap the drawer loose with a mallet and a large dowel?

Reply to
Greg Guarino

if you're not in a rush I would try something like this. A lot cheaper, you can use a laptop, get a better image. The HF is a crappy image.

Just search and look for similar to this item, you'll find different resolutions. The nice thing is the long capability, some of them go more than 15 feet.

Reply to
woodchucker

I have one of these and the LED is very helpful. OK for the occasional use like this.

Reply to
G. Ross

Another version ...

... this one has a waterproof probe - the HF unit doesn't say

hubops

Might be just a bad one but the one I bought was all but worthless. Blurry image (thinking bad camera chip as all else works) Problem was I never buy their extended protection and as it was on sale for even less than this price, I grabbed it on impulse and set it on a shelf for future need.

Take a look on Ebay for USB "Endoscope" or some such combo. Bought one that plugs into a laptop or netbook USB, is illuminated and had about a

3 meter cord. You can attach the camera head to most anything (fish tape) and the video quality is 200$ - 300% better. Cost? About $20
Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Can it be used for a DIY colonoscopy? That would be a real time and money saver.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski