Hey, a new GLOAT!

Page 1 of 2

I just realized...
I'm gonna have coffee with Robin Lee!
Heh.

Yeah...yeah...yeah...we all saw that in the other post....
You suck and all that....
We'll never have a L-V around here :-(
Lou
PS: Thank him for his great company and service ... just ordered a bunch o' Bessey's from them.
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Is it a gloat because he's buying you a Starbucks Venti?
Dave
If it's not at the store my choice would not be Starbucks. There's a local shop here called the Broadway Roastery that roasts their own beans and is only a few blocks from both my office and the new LV store.
djb
--
"I'm a man, but I can change... If I have to... I guess." -- Red Green

Dave Balderstone wrote:

Dave, would you believe (think Don Adams) that I've NEVER had a cup of coffe in my life? Tea is fine with me, but coffee tastes as bad as broccoli to me. :)
My wife, however does the "Starbucks" thing. I love her anyway.
Dave

If you've never had a cup of coffee, how do you know it tastes bad?
;-)
As for Don, I offer <http://www.balderstone.ca/notfound.html
djb

Dave Balderstone wrote:

Aw shucks, ya' beet me to it... :)
Duane Bozarth wrote:

oh, and I don't like beets, either! :)
I've taken very small sips of coffee. They provoked grimaces, so I go with tea, or other beverages (beer works!)
Dave
Dave Balderstone wrote:

I've taken TWO tiny sips. Once as a kid, and once when brewing my wife a cup of chocolate flavored coffee, and it still tasted awful to me, the chocolate notwithstanding.
LOL! Thanks for the link, Dave. I always watched the orginally broadcast shows of Get Smart. I chuckle just thinking about his antics.
Dave

Hmmph. I love coffee. And I love chocolate. But chocolate-flavored coffee is awful.
Now maple-flavored coffee, with cream and sugar... that's a different story.
--
Regards,
"Doug Miller" wrote in message

is
story.
Ditto on the first, but no thanks on the latter. SWMBO insists on putting that damn French Vanilla creamer in her coffee and I won't go into the same room with it.
Smart girl that she is, she's probably killing two birds with one stone.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/17/05

Yabbut... it's artificial vanilla, and there ain't nothin' French about it either - that's artificial too. I'm with you on that one. I can't stand the way that garbage smells either, let alone the way it tastes. (Try some, honey, it's good. OK, I'll try it -- phooey!)
Real maple, OTOH, with real cream and real sugar, none of this artifical crap... good stuff. Or, for that matter, with cream and sugar and no maple.
--
Regards,
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) writes:
[...]

Well, I did not really try maple but I guess it's just as tough and bland as other woods, so sawdust coffee is not my favourite. (And wartime stories say that coffe substitute from oak apples is not something to drink if there is any chance to get real coffee.)

Next time, try maple *syrup*. :-)
--
Regards,

That's not a coffee.....that's a slice of cake!
Very black...with an oil-slick on top. From a wire-mesh (french) press. No cream.
One of those, which lives somewhere between an espresso and a regular coffee, moves me all morning...to and from different directions.
I only have one of those when my green tea doesn't get me going..and green tea almost always does. I get real cranky if I don't have my green tea.
One teaspoon of demerara sugar on my cereal (with a 'green' banana, 'cuz ripe bananas are useless from a nutritional standpoint ) is all the sugar I have all day. (That small bowl of frozen yogurt after supper doesn't count.)

try maple syrup flavored chinese black tea

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 02:18:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

that's because all flavored coffees are awful. if you buy them that way, that is. flavored coffees are what the commercial roasters use to get rid of the stuff that is too foul to drink.... cover the taste up with some chemical flavorants.
but start with some decent bean, use good quality stuff for the rest of the ingredients and the results can be a lot of fun.

Rest in Peace Don Adams. Thank you God for such a whacky and wonderful gift to the world.
David wrote:

Don't like broccoli eh? You could be president some day.
BTW, before _Get Smart_ there was the _Jose Jimenez Show_ in which Don Adams played the role of the Hotel Detective. One of his catch phrases in that role was "Would you believe...". Dunno about "Missed it by THAT much."
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

AND - Adams was the father=in=law of Jim Beaver who played Charlie Udder in the "Deadwood" TV series. (At least that's what Jim said in the rec.movies NG.) Actually, I can't remember what Adams looked like. I could never take my eyes off Barbara Feldon!
FoggyTown