Here's something I hadn't seen before in a bandsaw...

...PTO driven by a tractor!
I'd lower the top blade guide myself... but that is just me being worried about accidently shaking hands with the blade while slinging wood as fast as possible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy5f1nhI0VA

On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 9:07:21 PM UTC-5, John Grossbohlin wrote:

Wouldn't it also be better for the blade if it was supported closer to the cut?
Less sideways stress?
On 3/7/16 8:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On a saw that big and of (presumably) high quality, set up correctly and with good blade under correct tension, not really.
I hardly ever lower my guides unless I'm using very narrow blades or I have a higher than normal reason to be concerned about my hands. I have an old, cheaper saw that I took the time to set up properly, including making sure the wheel were perfectly co-planer. Once I find the drift angle for my blade and have plenty of tension on it, it cuts true and easy.
--

-MIKE-

On 3/7/2016 10:13 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Took the words right out of my mouth. ;~)
On Mon, 7 Mar 2016 21:07:29 -0500

nice setup
i wonder if he turns it later for artisanal firewood bundles