Help with Veritas Honing Guide

I'm using the Veritas Mark II honing guide, and the bevels of all of my chisels and plane irons are coming out skewed. The bevels are a consistent width, but they're not ninety degrees to the side of the chisel/iron. I set them square against the side of the registration jig, and they do not move around once in the guide. I've read the directions many times over, and I'm sure that I have the guide set up properly. Any help with this problem will be appreciated.
"Teejaygee snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com>" <Teegee<nospam> wrote in message

afterward. Also, check the flatness of your stones, if they're waterstones, they can go out of flat pretty quickly. Finally, after set-up, lay the whole thing on the stone and see if you can see light under one side of the edge to judge final fine adjustments, then hone away.
hth, jc
On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:55:13 -0400, Teejaygee wrote:

Even if they're square in the jig, you can get a skewed edge if you put more pressure on one side than the other.
Make sure the jig is square.
Make sure the stone is flat.
Swap hand positions and/or hands around during sharpening.
"Teejaygee snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com>" <Teegee<nospam> wrote in message

Robin Lee answered this question from me a few months back for a similar guide:
http://tinyurl.com/34wx62
or:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/browse_thread/thread/ac6786b9b55c1aa4/2cd29b1cf9210249?hl=en&lnk=st&q=robin+chisel+stoutman#2cd29b1cf9210249
--