Help with this sink thing

So I upgraded the fountain pump today at HF.. I just jumped to the 264 /gph..
It works great. Straight into clear tubing it rockets out .. But when connecting to a faucet it trickles.
So the faucet is useless. The 2.2gpm faucet is restricting the flow too much and the pressure from the pump is too low. Called tech support and they say the 2.2gpm require 65lbs of pressure.
No wonder my replacement shower head and valve don't work well. I have well water and my pump is 35lbs... Way below..
So now I believe what they are saying that I need more pressure to get the flow..
Does anyone know of a source for a faucet that is not 2.2gpm rated????? I searched and can't seem to find one. They have been required since 1992.
I want a faucet spout that can be moved back and forth so I can direct the water to my spot... The spouts alone also have restrictors. The faucet I had bought had restrctors in both the valves and spout... Freak...
Having the water recirculate to the 5gal pail is great.. I think this will work even for cleaning paint brushes... And for sharpening..., cleanup... Just have to figure out how to keep the water from getting scummy without bleach...
I'm going to put a grid (like from flourescent lights to allow the crud to fall below the pump and keep the pump water cleaner. This pump is capable of pond water so it's not clean water.... Just don't want to throw goobers from glue and stuff in there.

Maybe he has a filter between the pump and the faucet and the filter needs cleaning or relacing..... might make for better pressure in the shower.
My sister had low pressure in her house and we discovered the filter needed cleaning.
*She had called a plumber friend and he recommended checking for a filter and, if so, check the filter. .... so we didn't discover this on our own.
Sonny
No filter. I'll kick the pump in and see what the pressure goes to.
On 6/8/2012 5:54 PM, Sonny wrote:

Well maybe my pressure gauge is not working. After Mike's post, I went and ran the water until the pump came on. No movement... Then I shut the output off so the tank would fill.. no movement.
Guess I don't know how much pressure I have. But that doesn't change the fact that after installing the new valve and new shower head that I have no pressure. My house was built in 87 before the lower volumes. I have replaced the faucets in both bathroom sinks. But only one shower where it is really noticeable.
Anyway Would like to know how to solve my slop sink problem... The fountain pump doesn't put out enough pressure to drive the restricted faucets. But does put out quite a bit of water.. Anyone have any ideas where to get an unrestricted spout?
On 6/8/2012 5:54 PM, Sonny wrote:

On 6/8/2012 6:22 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Is it possible to use a drill?
In mine there was a piece of rubber with a tiny hole in it that was the restricter. House was built 4 years ago
This unit has restricted the tubes as well. The spout is a tube that can't even be 1/8"
And it's not replaceable or drillable. So when I take the spout off (forgetting the valves) and try to run water through the spout the flow is too low. This is like HVLP... I have a high volume, but low pressure.
On 6/8/2012 8:02 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

I'll see if the local plumbing supply has a clue as to what I can use. I checked Craigs list.
No dice.. And it's hard to guage the age of some of these. Many were new in box or close to new..
On 6/8/2012 8:02 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

tiredofspam wrote:

1. Habitat for Humanity or Craigslist. Get an old one. 2. A couple of hours with a suitable drill. Ream that crap outta there. 3. Go with outside water-hose type fixtures.
tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote in

Does it have to be a faucet? You've already got the hose from the pump, why not just hang that an appropriate distance above the sink? With some thought, it can be made extendable for maximum flexibility. (Some kind of weight and pulley? That's basically what the faucet in my garage is.)
If you want different spray patterns, look in the pond section for the various fountain nozzles.
If you want more spray pressure, perhaps an air supply could be connected upstream of the nozzle and now you'd have an air/water jet. Plumbing this, of course, is left as an exercise to the reader.
I've been tempted to build my own faucet out of ball valves and various other plumbing parts, but there's a lot of little details like an aerator or bending copper pipe that make this just a temptation and not a reality.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

I'm at that point now, stopped by the plumbing house. The guy was a jerk. So I'm just going to solder some pipes together in a loop and use a ball for control. Not sure How I am going to mount it.
All this will wait until I get a job. For the moment the tube and some wood will hold the tube...

tiredofspam wrote:

Ideally a pump similar to the ones on an RV would work best. They are pressure controlled and shut off when the faucet is closed. But they are more expensive than a fountain pump.
Another plan is to get a plastic container with a faucet attached (I have one) and just sit it on a shelf over the sink. If water recycling is important get two and put one under the sink. That way you could just swap them out when all the water is in the bottom one.
--
G.W. Ross

My job is / Keeping faces clean / And