Help with refinish

I have an oak table with some heat spots on the top.. Other than stripping the entire table top,is there any way to remove the heat spots?
Cindy
Hi Cindy, Suggest you go here and type in heat spots or white spots and you will see how others have dealt with the problem. Cheers, JG
http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.woodworking
Cindy wrote:

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:59:06 -0500, the inscrutable "Cindy"

Got pictures of it? Post 'em. Is it a finish problem or a scorched wood top? How deep? What color?
If it's just a blistered clearcoat lacquer, you might be able to use a cabinet scraper to remove the damaged area, feather the finish with sandpaper, and recoat the top.
If it has any stain, you're SOL. Strip and refinish the whole top.
G'luck!
--
Put some color in your cheeks: Garden Naked!
------

I wish Liberon would reply to emails when I try to order. Never had problems in the past, but these days are different. Yes I know I can call but why have an email link on their website if they are not going to respond. To me that goes to employee training.
Bob Klein

stripping
How awesome!!! I just happened to have one of those shops near ( read 45 miles away) in Knoxville. My father is a woodworker and I have been dying to go into this shop.. Now I have a great reason...
Thanks so much! Cindy

Report back after trying it out and let us know how it worked! Cheers, cc